Locking up - brakes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1gr8bldr

Seems everytime I crank my s250 and start to move, my brakes are locked, even when I did not lock them. Sometimes I can turn the brakes on and back off and it will release. Other times, I have to wiggle the machine with what little movement the brakes will allow. What is the problem here. Battery is low???? Wonder if that may be hindering it unlocking. I have a new alternator to go on it, just have not done it yet

antfarmer2

Might be or just a craped up soliniod, linkage or loose or bad connection check and clean fuses relays and connections

bobcat miner

Might be or just a craped up soliniod, linkage or loose or bad connection check and clean fuses relays and connections
I am no guru like these other guys, but, I had this same thing happen and it was because I was low on hydraulic fluid. I messed with the solenoid and it did no good.

OldMachinist

I am no guru like these other guys, but, I had this same thing happen and it was because I was low on hydraulic fluid. I messed with the solenoid and it did no good.
2 speed or single speed machine? Single speed machine has the traditional type Bobcat brake with a solenoid operated brake wedge that locks the front sprockets. Two speed machine has hydraulic brakes built in to the hydrostatic motors.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

I bet your right. I was low recently. Had a leak in the main lift hose. The one that is so hard to get to. Been putting it off because I did not know how to go about it. But I tackled it today. About gave up. But with the addition of a pipe on the wrenches, it finally broke free. Went ahead and changed both. Productive day. Also changed my alternator. Now for the last fix, the AC

antfarmer2

I bet your right. I was low recently. Had a leak in the main lift hose. The one that is so hard to get to. Been putting it off because I did not know how to go about it. But I tackled it today. About gave up. But with the addition of a pipe on the wrenches, it finally broke free. Went ahead and changed both. Productive day. Also changed my alternator. Now for the last fix, the AC
Far from a guru here but I always figure they have at least checked thier fluids and fuel before they post