loader arm hydraulics problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cporath

I have a case 1838 skidsteer, the problem I am having is when I am backblading with my loader arms down, the loader rams will not hold and start to pull out. The hydraulics are strong otherwise. If I take the weight off of the bucket, the rams will return to the fully down position. Any help would be much appreciated.

skidsteer.ca

Sounds like you have a bad piston seal in one of the hydraulic cylinders. But it never leaks down only up?
Could also be your moving the handle too far and putting thehydraulic lift valve into float mode?
Ken

OP
OP
C

cporath

Sounds like you have a bad piston seal in one of the hydraulic cylinders. But it never leaks down only up?
Could also be your moving the handle too far and putting thehydraulic lift valve into float mode?
Ken
IT is more apparent when it leaks up, just because of the forces involved, but it will bleed out slowly going down. Also if I slightly move my loader arm control wither way, it will want to move opposite, but just for a second. Would that be ram, or spool valve? I dont believe i have a float on my machine.

skidsteer.ca

IT is more apparent when it leaks up, just because of the forces involved, but it will bleed out slowly going down. Also if I slightly move my loader arm control wither way, it will want to move opposite, but just for a second. Would that be ram, or spool valve? I dont believe i have a float on my machine.
Here is some reading on testing cylinders.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=20379
If you think it is in the valve disconect the lift cylinders and install a guage in the line that used to be connected to the retract/down side. Start up the loader and pressure up the guage and see if it holds. If it leaks down hen you have a valve problem or a leaking hose.
Ken

goose

The problem with the loader dropping when you start to raise it or the bucking dumping is in the load check valves in the loader valve. Most likely the spring that holds the poppet closed is broken. Repair kit part # H673572 should solve that problem and may take care of your cylinder drift problem. If the drift problem is still there it is most likely one of your cylinders leaking past the piston.