leaking valve cluster on 863Turbo Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stonehands

Hello everyone. I tried searching the forum posts for this but system is being skittish. No pun intended I have found the source of my Hydraulic oil leak. It is coming from the valve cluster under the driver seat. I have a 863 turbo. How big of an issue is this to fix and do they sell a rebuild kit for this purpose? Thank you

Roscoe294

Sounds like your talking about your hyd control valve? If it is, you will need new seals. Seals are cheap but job is labor intensive.

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like your talking about your hyd control valve? If it is, you will need new seals. Seals are cheap but job is labor intensive.
If you are mechanically inclined, you will be fine. It's not a job that can't be done by someone with a wrench.
Give the area a good clean before you start, you don't want any dirt in the system.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

Yes I was talking about that and thank you. I have a local Bobcat shop that makes calls and he said its easy enough to do it but on my 863 hard to get at.

mikorne

Thank you Roscoe and Tazza.
Pulled mine on my 863 a couple months ago for a leaky float valve. It was like fighting a couple octopus with one arm tied behind my back. Agreed you need to keep it clean and I marked all my lines with colored zip ties so I remembered what went where when putting it all back together. Local Bobcat dealer said they typically do them right in place if you can isolate the leak.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

Pulled mine on my 863 a couple months ago for a leaky float valve. It was like fighting a couple octopus with one arm tied behind my back. Agreed you need to keep it clean and I marked all my lines with colored zip ties so I remembered what went where when putting it all back together. Local Bobcat dealer said they typically do them right in place if you can isolate the leak.
Thank you mikron. My Bobcat tech is only 30 mins for my place and said its not a bad repair and can be done by a novice but can be tricky doing it in place. He was at my place replacing a broken fuel pick up tube that broke and I asked about the leak on my hydraulics and using so much fluid. He took he side cover access plate on the right side and said my valve cluster was leaking and most likely needed the repair kit for it. O rings and such. I am going to opt to have him come back to do it as I could see my paws dropping a key part in the belly pan and I would rather him be that person.