l218 new holland - Blower on heater not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rusty Scupper

New to me 2013 skid steer L218 new holland the blower fan doesn't work. It worked when I picked it up as previous owner had it on high. Went to take it off the trailer, turned fan off to start it now it doesnt work. I checked the HVAC fuse in the panel by left foot and that is ok. Is there a resistor pack (like a car)? I wouldn't think it is that as I should get one of the other speeds to work. Seems odd that the switch would be bad. Is there a relay? Anybody more knowledgeable with ideas on what to look for. thks

Mike10

The fan gets it power from the 15A acc fuse. Behind the seat in the HVAC box is a relay for the fan. Remove the top cover and the filter. You should see one or two red relays, depending on if you have air conditioning, on the passenger side of the hvac box. I believe it is the rear most relay.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Scupper

The fan gets it power from the 15A acc fuse. Behind the seat in the HVAC box is a relay for the fan. Remove the top cover and the filter. You should see one or two red relays, depending on if you have air conditioning, on the passenger side of the hvac box. I believe it is the rear most relay.
Thanks Mike10! I will take a look tonight.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Scupper

Thanks Mike10! I will take a look tonight.
I checked the 15amp accessory fuse and that is fine. I pulled the plug on the wiring harness that plugs into the blower motor. I have 12v there. I did notice that the plug is a little black from arching. I am going to try 12 v directly to the blower motor. If that works, I will cut the plugs off and solder the wires together.