Kubota SSV & SVL Threads

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

830Scott

Any chance on adding a "file" for Kubota machines. There are plenty of them out there now and they seem to be taking a big share of the market. Hate to think you are loosing possible new-members because they see nothing on their machines. Thanks MODS!

OP
OP

830Scott

I really wish this site would expand. I couldn't find info/photos on Kubota SSV's and if they could run OTT. The local dealer couldn't be bothered to tell me. I am purchasing a new/used SSV75 and that dealer couldn't tell me either. I contacted Grouser and got an immediate response from them. They not only informed me that my current 12" cross-bar tracks will fit the SSV75 but they also sent me a photo! Two thumbs up to Grouser.

Tazza

Staff member
I really wish this site would expand. I couldn't find info/photos on Kubota SSV's and if they could run OTT. The local dealer couldn't be bothered to tell me. I am purchasing a new/used SSV75 and that dealer couldn't tell me either. I contacted Grouser and got an immediate response from them. They not only informed me that my current 12" cross-bar tracks will fit the SSV75 but they also sent me a photo! Two thumbs up to Grouser.
Glad you found an answer.
It's a shame the dealer didn't really care, they probably figured they sold the machine, so they made their monel already. Grouser is in the business if selling you tracks and wear items for their tracks, so it is in their best interest.

OP
OP

830Scott

So I have noticed we still don't have a Kubota forum/thread. I will just update on this link. It is March 2017 and I purchased a new Kubota SSV75, standard flow hydraulics, 14 pin, 2-speed, enclosed cab, hand and foot controls, and hydraulic Q/A. Picked the machine up and brought it home. Stopped for lunch before making it home and realized there was diesel all over the back of the trailer. Checked the cap on the fuel tank and realized it looked cross-threaded. Try as I may, I couldn't get the cap on straight. Upon further notice, it appeared to have the same quality as a $15 plastic gas can!...the cap and the tank are very low quality...pretty upset about that. Unloaded it and turned on the a/c...it didn't work. Fan blew but it wasn't cold. 2 days later they sent out a tech, good guy and he checked the system, realized there was no freon so he charged the system...then checked for a leak and found one at the connection between the line and the condenser. He checked the cap on the fuel tank and found the same issues I did. He had brought a new cap and tried that too....same problem, the TANK is junk. He ordered a new tank and o-rings for the a/c. The bottom, right-side, of the Q/A is bent, to the inside of the locking pin. I told the tech about it and he said that is pretty normal. Well, I can tell you if I bought a new truck and something made out of 3/8 plate was bent, it would get handled. After being with New Holland for about 16 years, we went with Kubota. We have a small Kubota B7100 tractor that we bought new in 1994...pretty much have had NO problems with it. Was really looking forward to that same level of quality.

OP
OP

830Scott

So I have noticed we still don't have a Kubota forum/thread. I will just update on this link. It is March 2017 and I purchased a new Kubota SSV75, standard flow hydraulics, 14 pin, 2-speed, enclosed cab, hand and foot controls, and hydraulic Q/A. Picked the machine up and brought it home. Stopped for lunch before making it home and realized there was diesel all over the back of the trailer. Checked the cap on the fuel tank and realized it looked cross-threaded. Try as I may, I couldn't get the cap on straight. Upon further notice, it appeared to have the same quality as a $15 plastic gas can!...the cap and the tank are very low quality...pretty upset about that. Unloaded it and turned on the a/c...it didn't work. Fan blew but it wasn't cold. 2 days later they sent out a tech, good guy and he checked the system, realized there was no freon so he charged the system...then checked for a leak and found one at the connection between the line and the condenser. He checked the cap on the fuel tank and found the same issues I did. He had brought a new cap and tried that too....same problem, the TANK is junk. He ordered a new tank and o-rings for the a/c. The bottom, right-side, of the Q/A is bent, to the inside of the locking pin. I told the tech about it and he said that is pretty normal. Well, I can tell you if I bought a new truck and something made out of 3/8 plate was bent, it would get handled. After being with New Holland for about 16 years, we went with Kubota. We have a small Kubota B7100 tractor that we bought new in 1994...pretty much have had NO problems with it. Was really looking forward to that same level of quality.
The door on these machines are pretty awesome...if they hold up. Extremely roomy and easy to get in and out of. Great vision to the front. The cab is incredibly roomy. No frills...like a Jeep, more so than a Cadillac. I really liked the Bobcat cabs...felt like a Caddy, but also gave me the impression there would be problems with all that jazz later down the road. I like the bare-essentials of the Jeep/Kubota. It's kind of funny, it appears as though the engineers built the whole thing then realized they forgot to add a throttle and fuel gauge...so they threw it together in this little box and mounted it in the cab. But I like it. This machine is 10 years newer than our New Holland, and yet the control sticks feel like they are purely mechanical, not servos...Like you will get a tricep workout trying to moved down the road at full-speed....it is ridiculous. I'd love to put a scale on it, I'd bet upwards of 15 pounds. The foot pedals are ok. The geniuses at Kubota apparently never tried to work the pedals with boots on...nothing over a size 9 anyhow. The tip of my boot will catch the tip of these hugs bolts that come in from the front of the machine. I figured I could just turn them around then realized the nuts are welded in place. I may pull the bolts that are the problem and cut off the last 1/8". I will post more it happens.

jklingel

The door on these machines are pretty awesome...if they hold up. Extremely roomy and easy to get in and out of. Great vision to the front. The cab is incredibly roomy. No frills...like a Jeep, more so than a Cadillac. I really liked the Bobcat cabs...felt like a Caddy, but also gave me the impression there would be problems with all that jazz later down the road. I like the bare-essentials of the Jeep/Kubota. It's kind of funny, it appears as though the engineers built the whole thing then realized they forgot to add a throttle and fuel gauge...so they threw it together in this little box and mounted it in the cab. But I like it. This machine is 10 years newer than our New Holland, and yet the control sticks feel like they are purely mechanical, not servos...Like you will get a tricep workout trying to moved down the road at full-speed....it is ridiculous. I'd love to put a scale on it, I'd bet upwards of 15 pounds. The foot pedals are ok. The geniuses at Kubota apparently never tried to work the pedals with boots on...nothing over a size 9 anyhow. The tip of my boot will catch the tip of these hugs bolts that come in from the front of the machine. I figured I could just turn them around then realized the nuts are welded in place. I may pull the bolts that are the problem and cut off the last 1/8". I will post more it happens.
Wow. I am downsizing from a JD 332D and the Kub SSV65 is on my list of "look at"s. This gives me specific things to look for. A 3/8" plate is bent already and that is "normal"? BS. That does not sound good.

OP
OP

830Scott

Still no separate Kubota thread/folder/file!!!!! Seriously??? Come on SKIDSTEER FORUM, it's 2018 already!! So, we have a little over 500 hours on this SSV75. The only thing that impresses me is the cab. The breakout force leaves much to be desired. The idiots that engineered the hydraulic "Saturn-block" need to be stoned. It is made of aluminum, I'm guessing a soft one at that. It is mounted in such a place that it truly has next to nothing protecting it...extremely vulnerable, especially to any impacts from the front or top. How much can the thing cost?....$1000. We have broke ours twice!!!! I have started on a new guard for this thing. Clearly these engineers made this to move dirt and nothing else. The hydraulically powered cooling fan has a slight leak at one of the hoses...we hope to have that fixed under warranty soon. Again, ours is hand and foot controls...the right-heel down movement is very stiff. Maintenance; I can buy most of the filters locally, from parts stores. The larger hydraulic return filter has to be purchased through Kubota at $70. The inside and outside cabin filters (for the A/C) cost a total of $200!!!!!! They are small and nothing fancy to demand that kind of price tag. I have been unable to find them aftermarket as well.

Tazza

Staff member
Still no separate Kubota thread/folder/file!!!!! Seriously??? Come on SKIDSTEER FORUM, it's 2018 already!! So, we have a little over 500 hours on this SSV75. The only thing that impresses me is the cab. The breakout force leaves much to be desired. The idiots that engineered the hydraulic "Saturn-block" need to be stoned. It is made of aluminum, I'm guessing a soft one at that. It is mounted in such a place that it truly has next to nothing protecting it...extremely vulnerable, especially to any impacts from the front or top. How much can the thing cost?....$1000. We have broke ours twice!!!! I have started on a new guard for this thing. Clearly these engineers made this to move dirt and nothing else. The hydraulically powered cooling fan has a slight leak at one of the hoses...we hope to have that fixed under warranty soon. Again, ours is hand and foot controls...the right-heel down movement is very stiff. Maintenance; I can buy most of the filters locally, from parts stores. The larger hydraulic return filter has to be purchased through Kubota at $70. The inside and outside cabin filters (for the A/C) cost a total of $200!!!!!! They are small and nothing fancy to demand that kind of price tag. I have been unable to find them aftermarket as well.
That is a crazy price for cabin filters, i'd just blow them out with compressed air.

Latest posts