Kohler K662 Available

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BruceLawton

Tomorrow, I plan to remove the original K662 engine from my Bobcat M500. Does anyone want it? I smoked the ignition coil and can't find a replacement. I could have kept looking, but so many parts are discontinued. Surely, someone will want this beast to get it running or at least for parts. I just bought the Bobcat 6 months ago and it hasn't run yet. As for new stuff, I replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, oil filter and rebuilt the distributor-magneto. It's located in northern Virginia. Thanks, Bruce

OP
OP
B

BruceLawton

I found a new coil that came with the magneto rebuild kit. So that's included now. I'm still continuing with the Repower, so the K662 is still available. Anybody want this?

Tazza

Staff member
I found a new coil that came with the magneto rebuild kit. So that's included now. I'm still continuing with the Repower, so the K662 is still available. Anybody want this?
I'm sure someone will appreciate it, but no doubt they will put their hand up after you have had enough of it sitting around and get rid of it.

shankatank58

what would you have to have for it and where are you located. I assume it needs rebuilt?

OP
OP
B

BruceLawton

what would you have to have for it and where are you located. I assume it needs rebuilt?
I'm not interested in making any money on it. It's sort of a nostalgia thing that I want to see it go into another Bobcat or at least be used as parts to keep another K662 alive. They are very cool. I've rebuilt the magneto, but the rest may need rebuilding. I couldn't get it started, although it cranks nicely. I'm in northern Virginia and am willing to drive a couple hundred miles if needed. Bruce

foton

could you provide the city in Va. you are in I am in Cleveland ,Tn. I am only 4 miles from Ga. I would like to see your machine and compare it to what I have. Or call my cell at 727 421 7072 thanks Dave

OP
OP
B

BruceLawton

could you provide the city in Va. you are in I am in Cleveland ,Tn. I am only 4 miles from Ga. I would like to see your machine and compare it to what I have. Or call my cell at 727 421 7072 thanks Dave
I'm in Purcellville, VA. You're welcome to come by and see it. I'm home most days, except Tuesdays.

foton

I'm in Purcellville, VA. You're welcome to come by and see it. I'm home most days, except Tuesdays.
I was using the bobcat today and I think it deadheaded the hydros somehow. it took out the pump coupler , let me go and see if I can get it replaced. Oh is your Kohler a straight shafted crank or the tapered shaft? Thanks Dave

OP
OP
B

BruceLawton

I was using the bobcat today and I think it deadheaded the hydros somehow. it took out the pump coupler , let me go and see if I can get it replaced. Oh is your Kohler a straight shafted crank or the tapered shaft? Thanks Dave
Sorry for the delay. It's been a crisis week at work. The drive shaft is straight. The pump shaft is behind the housing and coupler, so I can't see it. All the pump side is included since my new engine uses a different fitting to connect to the pump.