Jerky skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Straydog

My LX565 seems very prone to jerky backwards and forwards movements when working on bumpy uneven ground. Being new to skid steers and having only ever driven this one I don't know if this is normal? It seems to travel fine over smooth ground but it almost seems like when you do something to cause a bit of a bump, your arms get bumped on the levers and it ends up setting up a violent rocking motion like your sitting on a rocking chair. When this happens you have to stop and start off again. Is this something I need to practice my driving technique to fix?

Mike10

The symptoms you describe are normal especially with an empty bucket. Practice does make it better. The rocking is caused by your arms moving the levers. It may not seem like you are moving them but you are. The servo controlled models are easier for you to retain control of the levers.

OP
OP
S

Straydog

The symptoms you describe are normal especially with an empty bucket. Practice does make it better. The rocking is caused by your arms moving the levers. It may not seem like you are moving them but you are. The servo controlled models are easier for you to retain control of the levers.
Thanks for that. It is reassuring to know that it is normal and it's not something to do with my machine. I will practice trying to stop my arm movements from setting up the rocking motion.

jerry

Thanks for that. It is reassuring to know that it is normal and it's not something to do with my machine. I will practice trying to stop my arm movements from setting up the rocking motion.
If you reduce your engine speed on rough ground it will help smooth it out also. especially when the bucket is empty.