JD24 Variable Speed Not Working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ChandlerW

I have a JD24 that I believe is missing a part to make the variable speed work. Is there supposed to be a hydraulic fitting on the end of the engine shaft where the two discs are mounted? If so, does anyone have a picture or part number for this?

Tazza

Staff member
If it's the setup that i think it is, i believe it should. You need something to open and close the sheaves to alter the belt position.
The thing is, you add a hose and fitting, but are the parts they join to still there? Is there anything there that looks to be capped off that possibly could have connected to it?

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

If it's the setup that i think it is, i believe it should. You need something to open and close the sheaves to alter the belt position.
The thing is, you add a hose and fitting, but are the parts they join to still there? Is there anything there that looks to be capped off that possibly could have connected to it?
I do have a picture. Let me see if I can host it somewhere. It looks like the variable sheave pulley has a plug right in the center of the shaft that is plugged off.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

I do have a picture. Let me see if I can host it somewhere. It looks like the variable sheave pulley has a plug right in the center of the shaft that is plugged off.
Ok. I don't have a picture. I have not been working on this skid loader for a while. I left it in Missouri with my nephew but he is going to fix it with some technical help. I'm considering buying a technical manual from ebay. Not sure if I should get a parts manual or a repair manual. Which do you think would be better?

Tazza

Staff member
Ok. I don't have a picture. I have not been working on this skid loader for a while. I left it in Missouri with my nephew but he is going to fix it with some technical help. I'm considering buying a technical manual from ebay. Not sure if I should get a parts manual or a repair manual. Which do you think would be better?
A parts manual is good to identify where parts go and what order, service is good to tell you how to remove parts and repair them.
I found parts manuals great for when you have a macnie in bits, unsure where things go.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

A parts manual is good to identify where parts go and what order, service is good to tell you how to remove parts and repair them.
I found parts manuals great for when you have a macnie in bits, unsure where things go.
I ended up buying a technical manual.

Tazza

Staff member
Looks like I need part number GG335-20576 At $320 I'm going to try and find something used.
In the scheme of things, $320 isn't that bad.
Hopefully you can find somethig used at a better price though.