jd 6675 wont shut off?need help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bwbigred

just got this machine couple days ago went to shut it off and machine is still running had to put parking brake onn and hit controls hard to stall motor does anyone have any ideas what it is thanks

skidsteer.ca

Thats a Yanmar engine?
Does it have a wire going to the injection pump? Its a electric shutoff (fuel solinoid) done with the ignition key and not a pull cable correct?
Find the wire on the injection pump and test it with a test light for 12v power. First do this with the engine off, then start the engine and try to shut it off with the key. If it continues to run take your test light out there again and see if power is still going to the fuel solinoid. Most all engine stop by removing this power.
If power is still there, then unhook the wire and the motor should stop. If the motor runs with the wire off, then the problem is in your fuel solinoid.
Once it stops is the power gone or still there? If its still there you should be having trouble with your battery going dead too.
If its gone I would hazard a guess that someone changed the alternator and now it back feeds current to you fuel solinoid circuit. (did that to my 853 when I switched it to a delco alternator) or somewhere there is a wire crossed together with another hot wire that is feeding power to your fuel soliniod.
This is just my best guess, without actually seeing it. Can you post a picture of the injection pump?
Ken

jklingel

Thats a Yanmar engine?
Does it have a wire going to the injection pump? Its a electric shutoff (fuel solinoid) done with the ignition key and not a pull cable correct?
Find the wire on the injection pump and test it with a test light for 12v power. First do this with the engine off, then start the engine and try to shut it off with the key. If it continues to run take your test light out there again and see if power is still going to the fuel solinoid. Most all engine stop by removing this power.
If power is still there, then unhook the wire and the motor should stop. If the motor runs with the wire off, then the problem is in your fuel solinoid.
Once it stops is the power gone or still there? If its still there you should be having trouble with your battery going dead too.
If its gone I would hazard a guess that someone changed the alternator and now it back feeds current to you fuel solinoid circuit. (did that to my 853 when I switched it to a delco alternator) or somewhere there is a wire crossed together with another hot wire that is feeding power to your fuel soliniod.
This is just my best guess, without actually seeing it. Can you post a picture of the injection pump?
Ken
This is just a wild thought, from an inexperienced person. My neighbor had an older machine that shut off via a throttle, not the key; you apparently just starved the engine of fuel. Possible? j