Is it ok??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I was wondering if it would be all right to run 15w 40 heavy duty oil in out 863 turbo during the winter we try to plug it in as much as we can and it will be kept in the heated garage most of the time. Thanks in advance. Corey

skidsteer.ca

Likely
Most guy around here run it in the semi trucks all year. Does a 863 have a oil heater? as they are Duetz air cooled. The trucks usually have block and oil pan heater. Our is a 85 with 700000 kms on it a no problems yet.
You might want to check the manual but unless these engine hate thick oil for some reason you should be fine.
Ken

OP
OP
B
Likely
Most guy around here run it in the semi trucks all year. Does a 863 have a oil heater? as they are Duetz air cooled. The trucks usually have block and oil pan heater. Our is a 85 with 700000 kms on it a no problems yet.
You might want to check the manual but unless these engine hate thick oil for some reason you should be fine.
Ken
Its got heat in the cab if that helps and yes its the oil cooled duetz but the oil heater youve got me stumped on its got the plug in for 120 volts

skidsteer.ca

Its got heat in the cab if that helps and yes its the oil cooled duetz but the oil heater youve got me stumped on its got the plug in for 120 volts
I'm not a expert on these but if it got a plug in and it is air cooled it must have a oil pan heater then. What else could you heat unless the plug in heater blows hot air through the cooling fins on the engine?
Ken

OP
OP
B
I'm not a expert on these but if it got a plug in and it is air cooled it must have a oil pan heater then. What else could you heat unless the plug in heater blows hot air through the cooling fins on the engine?
Ken
Well it took a new day for me to understand what you where saying but yes it has the oil pan heater. lol Thanks and Happy holidays