Installing lofness oil cooler

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Simplelife

Just trying to see where to connect the hydraulic hoses on a cooler I bought .. I'm going to mount it on top of the cab, directions are really vague

foton

if you adding capacity go to the factory cooler and remove the outlet and go to your new cooler with an new line ,then out of your new cooler and back to the line you removed. a simple loop, if you are doing away with the factory cooler then both lines get extended to the new cooler. make sure of your hydro oil temp sensor is not getting plumbed out. in the first comment the plumbing can be reverse if you want the oil to go to the new cooler first.

OP
OP
S

Simplelife

if you adding capacity go to the factory cooler and remove the outlet and go to your new cooler with an new line ,then out of your new cooler and back to the line you removed. a simple loop, if you are doing away with the factory cooler then both lines get extended to the new cooler. make sure of your hydro oil temp sensor is not getting plumbed out. in the first comment the plumbing can be reverse if you want the oil to go to the new cooler first.
Oh ok that's easy enough , I also purchased a 13lb radiator cap , as the one on the machine was 7 pounds and the dealer said 13 is factory.. I mulched about for an hour and atleast no coolant dropped out of overflow , and my temp was at 212-220 fluctuating back and forth .. but only with the mulcher head .. with bush hog on standard flow the temp doesn't even go over 170 degrees .. someone told me go remove the thermostat ?? How accurate would that be if I did?

foton

Oh ok that's easy enough , I also purchased a 13lb radiator cap , as the one on the machine was 7 pounds and the dealer said 13 is factory.. I mulched about for an hour and atleast no coolant dropped out of overflow , and my temp was at 212-220 fluctuating back and forth .. but only with the mulcher head .. with bush hog on standard flow the temp doesn't even go over 170 degrees .. someone told me go remove the thermostat ?? How accurate would that be if I did?
I would not remove the thermostat ,but I would check it, I think you should have a 180 degree f. in there if it is old enough not to have a bunch of emissions stuff. maybe a 195 if it is that new. But check first.

Latest posts