hydro oil used where should have been 10w40?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1816case

I just picked up a nice little Case 1816 skid to do some of the back work around here. He told me it recently seem to be developing a couple leaks. Upon inspection they both are on the rams coming out onto the steel arms. I am waiting on new seal kits to arrive for all 4 rams. BUT.. He also told me he has been adding basic Hydraulic oil to reservoir, and after getting it home upon research it says suppose to be car oil 10w40. Could it be why it is leaking? should I hold off on installing kits and drain system and change filter?

antfarmer2

I would go ahead and change them you will get more of the old oil out and once they leak they need to be fixed

lfutrell

I would go ahead and change them you will get more of the old oil out and once they leak they need to be fixed
I agree with Ant, once they start leaking they won't ever stop. It gives you a chance to get all of the old oil out that you can and do a complete service, Don't forget to change/clean all the filters including case drain filters if your unit has them.