hydraulic filler cap for Bobcat 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

edo102

I just found that my filler cap is missing. Does anybody have one I can buy, recommend anywhere I can get one or know of a suitable substitute? Cheers!

jerry

I got one for our old 632 from the bobcat dealer right off the shelf. I think it was less than 10 bucks. replace it as soon as you can, the one on our machine when we got it was a black ball of dirt from never having been cleaned or changed. When you lift the boom or move the bucket a lot of air is sucked into the tank to replace the oil so you do need a good filter cap. Try online dealers if you are to far from one.

Tazza

Staff member
I got one for our old 632 from the bobcat dealer right off the shelf. I think it was less than 10 bucks. replace it as soon as you can, the one on our machine when we got it was a black ball of dirt from never having been cleaned or changed. When you lift the boom or move the bucket a lot of air is sucked into the tank to replace the oil so you do need a good filter cap. Try online dealers if you are to far from one.
I agree, the dealer has them and they are cheap. Without the cap, you risk getting not only dirt but water in your system! You need to make sure you have a cap on there or you risk damaging your hydraulic/hydrostatic system.

OP
OP
E

edo102

I agree, the dealer has them and they are cheap. Without the cap, you risk getting not only dirt but water in your system! You need to make sure you have a cap on there or you risk damaging your hydraulic/hydrostatic system.
Jerry & Tazza, thanks a lot. I will head to the dealer immediately. I am a total noob to all things skid steer, so I very much appreciate straight up answers to my simple questions.

jerry

Jerry & Tazza, thanks a lot. I will head to the dealer immediately. I am a total noob to all things skid steer, so I very much appreciate straight up answers to my simple questions.
Don't feel bad edo102, if I had discovered this forum and read it before I bought my 1st bobcat I would never have bought the model I did and would have saved hundreds of dollars on repair and replacement . As it is though this forum has saved me a lot of money since. One thing in particular was the bronze filter in the port block, I have never seen it referred to anywhere else and even the dealer said a lot of people don't know about it. Ours was over 50% plugged ,check yours also.

Tazza

Staff member
Don't feel bad edo102, if I had discovered this forum and read it before I bought my 1st bobcat I would never have bought the model I did and would have saved hundreds of dollars on repair and replacement . As it is though this forum has saved me a lot of money since. One thing in particular was the bronze filter in the port block, I have never seen it referred to anywhere else and even the dealer said a lot of people don't know about it. Ours was over 50% plugged ,check yours also.
Ohh yes, that suction line filter! I got caught with that on my 731, but after the dealer finally figured it out and told me where to look, its the first thing i tell people with drive issues on 731 or older 743 machines.

jerry

Ohh yes, that suction line filter! I got caught with that on my 731, but after the dealer finally figured it out and told me where to look, its the first thing i tell people with drive issues on 731 or older 743 machines.
Tazza, it was your posts on this filter that made me check ours. probably avoided a lot of problems and certainly improved operation of the machine. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, it was your posts on this filter that made me check ours. probably avoided a lot of problems and certainly improved operation of the machine. Thanks
Glad my advise was helpful. Such a small filter causes so many problems!