Hydaulic pump lever bobcat 863

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calypso428

I just purchased a 2001 Bobcat 863 skid steer with 1600 hours. Is creeping forward on the left hand side and wanted to fix it so I was trying to make some adjustments under the plate at the hydraulic pump levers and the left hand side lever cracked it must be aluminum. Trying to find a replacement without dealing with a dealer. Any ideas?

bobbie-g

https://screenshot.net/98en2hl
A dealer would be my choice. I broke one of mine completely. It's a trick getting access to them. You're probably past this stage, but the book says to remove the hydraulic line going thru the plate above these pump levers. Turns out that's not necessary. If you disconnect that horizontal plate and rotate it 90 degrees, you can access the tops of the pump without draining the hydro juice. I lubed the rotating bearings on the other one while I had it exposed. The tricky part is adjusting the aluminum blocks that the bearings push against, assuming you took them off. If you didn't, that's good. I always mark mine well before I try to adjust them; just several thousandths movement seems to make a difference. Holler if you need some ideas. :) ---Bobbie-G

Tazza

Staff member
A dealer would be my choice. I broke one of mine completely. It's a trick getting access to them. You're probably past this stage, but the book says to remove the hydraulic line going thru the plate above these pump levers. Turns out that's not necessary. If you disconnect that horizontal plate and rotate it 90 degrees, you can access the tops of the pump without draining the hydro juice. I lubed the rotating bearings on the other one while I had it exposed. The tricky part is adjusting the aluminum blocks that the bearings push against, assuming you took them off. If you didn't, that's good. I always mark mine well before I try to adjust them; just several thousandths movement seems to make a difference. Holler if you need some ideas. :) ---Bobbie-G
Mine were worn, i put them in the mill and cut it square again, i then used metal shims from metal strapping to bring it back to being nice and tight.
I don't believe they were that expensive fromt he dealer either, $25 i believe last time i checked.

OP
OP
C

calypso428

Mine were worn, i put them in the mill and cut it square again, i then used metal shims from metal strapping to bring it back to being nice and tight.
I don't believe they were that expensive fromt he dealer either, $25 i believe last time i checked.
Thanks guys , and Tazza it's good to know your still around ... I havnt been on since my last project the T180 , which btw I've put over 500 more hours on and it's a champion of a machine thanks to you guys ! So back to the 863.... I ordered the parts from the only dealer i trust , two new bearings , two bushings , and the triangular aluminum piece , it should be in by 2-3 days , cost about 100 bucks total so not too bad . This is a classic example of making a mess trying to do something simple like adjusting the creep and breaking something in the process ... totally unnecessary but it's all a learning process . This is my 3rd machine I've refurbished and I learn more each time . My first with the air cooled deutz. Only found one rats best inside so that's a record ! Lol , I probably should start a new thread but , the parking break doesn't work , the foot pedal does nothing .... any simple fixes for This? Never is ...

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks guys , and Tazza it's good to know your still around ... I havnt been on since my last project the T180 , which btw I've put over 500 more hours on and it's a champion of a machine thanks to you guys ! So back to the 863.... I ordered the parts from the only dealer i trust , two new bearings , two bushings , and the triangular aluminum piece , it should be in by 2-3 days , cost about 100 bucks total so not too bad . This is a classic example of making a mess trying to do something simple like adjusting the creep and breaking something in the process ... totally unnecessary but it's all a learning process . This is my 3rd machine I've refurbished and I learn more each time . My first with the air cooled deutz. Only found one rats best inside so that's a record ! Lol , I probably should start a new thread but , the parking break doesn't work , the foot pedal does nothing .... any simple fixes for This? Never is ...
Is it a foot pedal with a switch? The switches do go bad if it is.

OP
OP
C

calypso428

Is it a foot pedal with a switch? The switches do go bad if it is.
Yes it has a switch and a little metal tube that the wire runs through . The tube however is rusted through in one spot and the cable might be compromised , also if the lap bar is flipped up it doesn't seem to keep it from creeping so I wonder if it could be something else ? I will try a new switch first , you wouldn't happen to know anyone who would have a .pdf manual for a 2001 863 would you ? So I don't have to buy one ?

OP
OP
C

calypso428

Yes it has a switch and a little metal tube that the wire runs through . The tube however is rusted through in one spot and the cable might be compromised , also if the lap bar is flipped up it doesn't seem to keep it from creeping so I wonder if it could be something else ? I will try a new switch first , you wouldn't happen to know anyone who would have a .pdf manual for a 2001 863 would you ? So I don't have to buy one ?
Also another question .... is there not a drain in the belly of this machine ?????? My t180 has two large slots for cleaning our debris and draining water !! Mine appears to have a solid bottom

Tazza

Staff member
Also another question .... is there not a drain in the belly of this machine ?????? My t180 has two large slots for cleaning our debris and draining water !! Mine appears to have a solid bottom
There should be a drain plug at the rear of the chain case between the wheels. There should be a plate held on with three bolts, remove this, there will be a plug into the metal pan and one into the plastic fuel tank. Make sure you take the right one out.
This switch should be simply on or off, so you should be able to jump the wires in the connector under the seat to see if it works or not.
I may have a manual, send me an email, look up my profile to get it.