Horsepower increase for 2003 T190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hitempguy

Anybody kicked up the ponies in their Bobcat? I would like to get another 5-10 horsepower out of mine. 10 might be asking too much. Bigger injectors? Larger turbo? I think the motor is the V2003 T

Tazza

Staff member
The only real way is to add a turbo. I was consdering adding it to my S150 as the AC pulls a bit of power. Without the AC, it has more than enough power.

OP
OP
H

hitempguy

The only real way is to add a turbo. I was consdering adding it to my S150 as the AC pulls a bit of power. Without the AC, it has more than enough power.
Hmmmm, It is a Turbo already, it just seems to pull down under load quite quickly, ie. I'm going up a small incline (4%)across an acreage(unloaded) and push both levers full forward it will pull down to 1800 rpm and as long as I am going up the incline, it won't pull back up to 2560, maybe 2200. maybe I have an issue with the turbo.....

Tazza

Staff member
Hmmmm, It is a Turbo already, it just seems to pull down under load quite quickly, ie. I'm going up a small incline (4%)across an acreage(unloaded) and push both levers full forward it will pull down to 1800 rpm and as long as I am going up the incline, it won't pull back up to 2560, maybe 2200. maybe I have an issue with the turbo.....
My NA S150 will pull up a 30+ odd degree hill without even slowing down. You may be right about a possible turbo or even an injector issue....
Does it smoke?
If you remove the inlet hose, can you feel any play in the turbine of the turbo? excessive oil?

OP
OP
H

hitempguy

My NA S150 will pull up a 30+ odd degree hill without even slowing down. You may be right about a possible turbo or even an injector issue....
Does it smoke?
If you remove the inlet hose, can you feel any play in the turbine of the turbo? excessive oil?
Turbo feels tight, doesn't feel like bushings are worn. I need someone to check to wastegate actuator to make sure it operates when I load it up. Smokes a bit on startup, but no smoke at all when I load it up with a big load of dirt. Doesn't burn/use oil as far as I can tell. 100 hours since oil change and level is the same on the dipstick. Fuel economy is excellent(maybe too good?) i'll run some conditioner through it, although it's not going to run much now that it is cold out, -29C last night

skidsteer.ca

Turbo feels tight, doesn't feel like bushings are worn. I need someone to check to wastegate actuator to make sure it operates when I load it up. Smokes a bit on startup, but no smoke at all when I load it up with a big load of dirt. Doesn't burn/use oil as far as I can tell. 100 hours since oil change and level is the same on the dipstick. Fuel economy is excellent(maybe too good?) i'll run some conditioner through it, although it's not going to run much now that it is cold out, -29C last night
I'm not sure if the fuel rate can be adjusted via a screw on that injection pump or not. If not you can go with larger injctor likely.
Consult your local injection pump shop for details. If there is no smoke under load then your turbo is fine. Diesel engines more fuel = more power. The turbos job is to pump air to help keep the engine cool. If there is no smoke then add fuel., you already have enough boost.
You have changed he fuel filter to be sure you are geting all the fuel you should be ?
Skidsteer.ca