Homemade dump trailer accident at the garbage dump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
What let go? how was the front mounted to allow it to tilt?
I't always a kick in the guts when a project breaks during a test, been there before.

OP
OP
J

Jukinju

What let go? how was the front mounted to allow it to tilt?
I't always a kick in the guts when a project breaks during a test, been there before.
The side with the tilting door wasn't attached. I was thinking about hinging it with a piece of pipe but I got eager to get rid of the garbage. It was attracting wasps and maybe bears. The weight shift inside the bin cause it to sway to the left and half off the trailer. The new angle of cable put a side ways force on the pulley and just ripped it off. Just like when I built the grapple, things broke 2-3 times before I figured out what type of forces I'm dealing with. Cheers

Tazza

Staff member
The side with the tilting door wasn't attached. I was thinking about hinging it with a piece of pipe but I got eager to get rid of the garbage. It was attracting wasps and maybe bears. The weight shift inside the bin cause it to sway to the left and half off the trailer. The new angle of cable put a side ways force on the pulley and just ripped it off. Just like when I built the grapple, things broke 2-3 times before I figured out what type of forces I'm dealing with. Cheers
Bummer... But at least it allows you to learn about the weak points. You never always know where a failure point could be till you have tested it. Always good to learn, but better if during that lesson that you don't cause masses of more work that is needed to be done. Been there before...