HELP!!! John Deere 270 skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lavorn

My JD 270 has the brake locks stuck on and they won't release. I have wired around the seatbelt as that gave me problems last yr due to oxidation (very humid in Kauai where the machine is) I have checked the wires going to the solenoid adjacent to the hyd filter and it has power going to it when I push the park brake release switch. It is almost impossible to work on the machine when the boom is down as there is no access to the engine compartment. I need to find a brake release that will allow me to raise the boom to see what is going on. I probably have a bad solenoid but have no way to check it and since they are pricy I don't want to just by one on a guess. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Bobcatdan

So what don't work, the drive brakes or the boom locks? Does the dash show it is unlocked. You don't need the boom up. You can flip the cab up and take the front panels off with them down. There is not really anything back by the engine. If my memory is correct. the lock solenoids are inline down by your feet. There are also pedal locks.