Good ol Bobcat m500

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobm500Cat

Hi all, New to this site. I picked up an old bobcat m500 with the Deutz F2L310 aircooled diesel. I spent some time cleaning up the engine and getting it running. I have even painted the engine bay. But to my questions. I have long suspected that this unit has the exhaust scrubber, there is a front mounted tank and a hole cut through the center frame brace. The tank is "L" shaped with a long perforated tube at the bottom running underneath to the rear of the machine. So, while a standard muffler is currently on the machine I do want to use the scrubber to abate the smoke and hopefully quiet down the machine. I am going to cut, clean out (rust and oil) and re-weld fittings and patch rust holes. So, is this truly a scrubber? Is it water based? I believe it to be. There is some information in the old manual, but to state that scrubbers are available and that they are water based. Also, anyone have a picture of the scrubber set up, I may be missing a pressure valve that was between the exhaust manifold and the scrubber to prevent water being drawn into the engine "if" it ever turned in reverse. Maybe I won't need the valve. Please post up pictures of a original set up if you have one. Thanks.

shankatank58

doesn't answer your question; but then again it might. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Melroe-Bobcat-Skid-Steer-M-600-M-500-Diesel-Owners-Manual-1968-/171786273542? hash=item27ff428306:g:uYYAAOSwpDdVUS7k. Don't know how to make it live, will prob. have to copy and paste. Don't see the diesel manuals often.

shankatank58

doesn't answer your question; but then again it might. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Melroe-Bobcat-Skid-Steer-M-600-M-500-Diesel-Owners-Manual-1968-/171786273542? hash=item27ff428306:g:uYYAAOSwpDdVUS7k. Don't know how to make it live, will prob. have to copy and paste. Don't see the diesel manuals often.
looking at the list of contents, I notice they did use a water scrubber muffler. Nice looking manual.

6brnorma

looking at the list of contents, I notice they did use a water scrubber muffler. Nice looking manual.
Bob……so, I've never dealt with one of these, but, my parts manuals show three different 'scrubber mufflers' as optional equipment. One if for the M-600 and two different ones for the M-500……both have valves. They appear to use the same valve, Part #15H1246 ….I can't imagine it is still available but stranger things have happened.
I find 'Parts' and 'Service' manuals to be very useful…….."Operators" manuals not so much……especially at that price. JMHO

OP
OP
B

Bobm500Cat

I actually have the Operators manual - the manual listed on ebay was an owners manual ...hmm Anyway, again not much to it.

OP
OP
B

Bobm500Cat

I actually have the Operators manual - the manual listed on ebay was an owners manual ...hmm Anyway, again not much to it.
Thanks for the valve part number. Ill see what I can find. So far the tank has cleaned up nicely. I cut all the access ports off and welded in new fittings. Lining up the exhaust port is next but may be a little tricky because the pipe will need to be aligned to the tight hole cut in the frame brace and there is nothing to work with now because it have rusted off. we'll see.

Latest posts