Gehl 4625sx bucket tilts down but not up, no boom control

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RLC2020

I purchased this machine a few days ago from an owner that seemed to have zero knowledge of the machine. He took it in trade for something and it runs and moves, but the bucket is stuck tilted down and the boom won't lift up or down at this time.

I made sure there was power to the 2 solenoids under the cab and the click when power is applied. i did pull them apart and made sure they were moving internally, the rods do push in about 5mm, but not all the way open so the holes are exposed. is this normal?

Also, I can til the bucket down with a decent amount of force, but up basically does nothing.

the boom doesn't lift either, if I get the pedal in about the middle I can hear the engine bog down like it's trying to push a lot of fluid, but nothing happens. I'm guessing that's down for the boom, but since it's already bottomed out I can't be sure.

What would be the next step in troubleshooting? not sure where things are located on this machine, I've ordered the manuals for it, waiting for those to arrive currently.

The lap bar has been bypassed, actually, most of the original harness was bypassed it seems.

I'm a bit over my head, I have a guy that is decent with hydraulics who i trust, but he is on vacation for another 2 weeks so I'd like to do as much as I can on my own.

KJS

I purchased this machine a few days ago from an owner that seemed to have zero knowledge of the machine. He took it in trade for something and it runs and moves, but the bucket is stuck tilted down and the boom won't lift up or down at this time.

I made sure there was power to the 2 solenoids under the cab and the click when power is applied. i did pull them apart and made sure they were moving internally, the rods do push in about 5mm, but not all the way open so the holes are exposed. is this normal?

Also, I can til the bucket down with a decent amount of force, but up basically does nothing.

the boom doesn't lift either, if I get the pedal in about the middle I can hear the engine bog down like it's trying to push a lot of fluid, but nothing happens. I'm guessing that's down for the boom, but since it's already bottomed out I can't be sure.

What would be the next step in troubleshooting? not sure where things are located on this machine, I've ordered the manuals for it, waiting for those to arrive currently.

The lap bar has been bypassed, actually, most of the original harness was bypassed it seems.

I'm a bit over my head, I have a guy that is decent with hydraulics who i trust, but he is on vacation for another 2 weeks so I'd like to do as much as I can on my own.
Hi RLC2020,
I have the Same Problem with my Gehl 426SX. Did you resolve your Problem withe the Boom and Tilt Not Working ?