gehl 2600 hand controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Crf325

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and a new skidsteer owner. I just recently purchased a gehl 2600 skidsteer and was wondering if there is a way to adjust the hand controls for forward/reverse. When you start it , it moves forward or reverse depending on control lever . It is very sensitive and almost impossible to find neutral. I am a auto mechanic have been for 20 yrs so I'm not afraid to dig in. Just want to make sure I'm doing things right. Thanks and hopefully someone can shed some insight on this topic.

What I did it because there is no happy place for that control, I cut a notch in the planel to which the it lock so I don't accidental bump it. If you like more detail I can maybe get a pic to you some how.

OP
OP
C

Crf325

What I did it because there is no happy place for that control, I cut a notch in the planel to which the it lock so I don't accidental bump it. If you like more detail I can maybe get a pic to you some how.
That will work a pic would be good. Others have told me that it might be an adjustment as well. I assume u r familiar with the gehl 2600 and how it runs . So the sensitive joystick is the nature of the beast. If u would like u can send pic to my email address which is [email protected] . thanx again. Are there an other known problems that I should be looking for on this unit ? I'm new to these so anything I might prevent would help .

M1782t

That will work a pic would be good. Others have told me that it might be an adjustment as well. I assume u r familiar with the gehl 2600 and how it runs . So the sensitive joystick is the nature of the beast. If u would like u can send pic to my email address which is [email protected] . thanx again. Are there an other known problems that I should be looking for on this unit ? I'm new to these so anything I might prevent would help .
I made a different control valve lever that is longer than the original (not to long, it still has to clear your seat). I made it with multiple holes for the adjustable rod to connect to giving me multiple choices for the sensativity, ie the farthest hole moves the valve spool the least for the amount of T handle movement.

Tazza

Staff member
I made a different control valve lever that is longer than the original (not to long, it still has to clear your seat). I made it with multiple holes for the adjustable rod to connect to giving me multiple choices for the sensativity, ie the farthest hole moves the valve spool the least for the amount of T handle movement.
I like that design concept

Latest posts