Gehl 2500 won't drivte

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sorrico

We recently got an old Gehl HL 2500. It drove when we got it but now fails to move forward or backward. When is' up on blocks the wheels hardly move. Any suggestion? The trouble shooting guide talks about the looking at the buttons on the check valve. One is partially depressed. Could this be an indication of the trouble?

nitmd

Don't have an answer, have the same problem. Haven't checked the check valve yet. If you find a solution, would appreciate posting it - I will do the same.

M1782t

Don't have an answer, have the same problem. Haven't checked the check valve yet. If you find a solution, would appreciate posting it - I will do the same.
I posted the thread previous to yous, so not much depth of knowledge here, but when I got my 2500 from the junk yard the wheels wouldn't move hardly at all. It turned out to be ice in the belly pan where there are depressions for the sprocket clearence. If I ever get it operational, I'll be tempted to run it with the drain plugs out.

On the back side of the hydro motor there might be some clip on there. They should not be depressing the pin on the hydro motor if there are that might be the problem. The clips are for moving the machine when you lose the hydrulic system. You install them on the back side of the hydro motor then you can pull it around like a dead horse. Or it might be the the pumps on the hydro motors and going out.Yeeks expensive but rebuildable. I know where they do that. Had two rebuilt nearily complete around 700. Gasket can get at Gehl dealers or ask me where or how to get looking for them.