gehl 2500 has the shakes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

smylingt

I am needing some advice on my toy. my gehl 2500 sometimes shakes when I am operating the drive and bucket at the same time. Is this a no-no to do this of could there be an inherent problem. I have completely rebuilt both drive assemblies including the motors with new bearings, seals and had all new bushings machined b/c of fluid loss. The filter is new and the fluid has been changed. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Driving and operating the arms/bucket is not an issue. Do you know where the shake is coming from? the steering levers? Its possible you have low charge pressure causing the rotating groups to lift off the swash plate and you can really feel the impacts in the steering levers. If that's the problem, you need it get it fixed before it causes damage.

longhauler

I had a 3510 a few years ago that shook and vibrated at certain times and would have to idle back the enging to settle it down (Ford gas engine). Traced the problem to worn motor mounts. Couldn't tell where it was coming from because you couldn't see it happening while you were operating it but when I grabbed the engine I could move and shake it -- motor mounts (rubber bushings) where about gone. Might be worth checking them.

turbo54

I had a 3510 a few years ago that shook and vibrated at certain times and would have to idle back the enging to settle it down (Ford gas engine). Traced the problem to worn motor mounts. Couldn't tell where it was coming from because you couldn't see it happening while you were operating it but when I grabbed the engine I could move and shake it -- motor mounts (rubber bushings) where about gone. Might be worth checking them.
My 4635 sxt is makeing a whining noise in the steering the right side is off just a bit causeing it not track stright. I have to compensate for that. I adjusted the bolt for the steering its still not true. Will holding 1 steering valve different cause the noise or is that the nature of the machine?