Full throttle and steel tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

andyjax

Hello all-

Just wanted to shout out a huge THANK YOU for all of you that have helped me maintain my old workhorse Bobcat 773G turbo through the years. Really appreciate everything. Today I just have two simple items. I've met several Bobcat and skid steer owners in my area that say they run their machines at full throttle. Maybe to protect the pump-I don't know. I have almost 1900 hours on my pump and a little over 300 hours on the rebuilt Kubota I installed myself. Is this a thing I should do? I run the machine between 2350-and 2400 RPM. So far so good, but I'd really hate to have to replace a pump!

The second thing is I recently put Tracks Plus steel over pneumatic tires on the machine. That has made the machine into a totally different animal by distributing the ground pressure more evenly. But they squeaked like crazy. Any tips on oiling or the right oil/lubricant to use on the bushing/bolts would be appreciated.

Once again, thanks for the help.

reaperman

Im not sure on the protocol of running wide open, I seldom do, for me maybe 2/3's. But when I get into heavier work I run close to wide open or using an attachment. For the steel tracks, yea they squeak but adding oil would give dirt something to stick to and cause wear.

Latest posts