Fuel system components questions on a 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chuckinnc

After setting all winter my 763 wouldn't start, however I got it running by trial and error, now I have a few questions about the fuel system and all the knobs. 1. There is a rubber fuel line coming off the injectors going to a on/off valve on the pump, it was off, when should this valve ever be open? 2. Mine had a priming bulb in the fuel line, when I pressed the bulb some fuel came out of the top fitting of the fuel filter, I guessed there was a screw/plug missing, I used a 10x32 screw to plug the hole, then it cranked, what was this plug for and when should you open the valve on the bottom of the metal fuel filter? 3. There is a valve on the bottom of the injector pump, looks like a bleeder valve, when should you use it? 4. There is also a solenoid thfeat cuts the fuel off/on at the injector pump, is this just controlled by the start switch or are there saftey features that would keep the fuel solenoid cut off. Sorry for all the questions, please answer any you can, It's a 1999/763.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, the screw on the top of the filter is to bleed air when you replace the filter. With it open pump the hand primer till the fuel coming out is bubble free. Close it up.
The bleed screw on the injector pump is for more bleeding. Open it up and pump the hand primer, you can hear and feel as bubbles go through it. When you can feel that it is smooth and air free, close it up.
The one under the pump is to drain coolant, leave it alone unless you want to drain it.
There are no safety switches to sop the fuel shutoff solenoid from working. Age and bad relays can stop them working though. Even a bad solenoid. If yours works by pulling the arm near the injector pump, pull it to the run position and hold it there with a cable tie. Crank the engine and see if it starts right up. The key will not shut it down though, you need to cut the cable tie for that.