Foot pedal stuck!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

conc2steel

I have an 853 that I've been using to do some ground leveling with the pedal/lift arms in the "float" mode... and now it's stuck. I can't get it out of float to pick up the bucket... help!

Tazza

Staff member
It sounds like a ball for the detent may have worn too far and has gotten stuck. I just don't know how to go about removing it. It will be lodged in the cap that sits on the back of the control block. This section houses the spring to return the spool to neutral. All i can think is to remove the 2 screws that hold it in place and rotate it to try and get it free.
Good luck!

mrfixitpaul

It sounds like a ball for the detent may have worn too far and has gotten stuck. I just don't know how to go about removing it. It will be lodged in the cap that sits on the back of the control block. This section houses the spring to return the spool to neutral. All i can think is to remove the 2 screws that hold it in place and rotate it to try and get it free.
Good luck!
Remove the circlip before you remove the 2 bolts, then remove the outer cap and leave the inner cap (it's the part that is stuck anyway). Then grab that inner cap and rotate it and the balls should release. if you remove the inner cap the balls and spring will fly and are a little tricky to put back. You may be able to spray some lube once it moves and it'll work free again without having to change the balls. The parts are cheap enough, just tricky especially due to the location.

OP
OP
C

conc2steel

Remove the circlip before you remove the 2 bolts, then remove the outer cap and leave the inner cap (it's the part that is stuck anyway). Then grab that inner cap and rotate it and the balls should release. if you remove the inner cap the balls and spring will fly and are a little tricky to put back. You may be able to spray some lube once it moves and it'll work free again without having to change the balls. The parts are cheap enough, just tricky especially due to the location.
Well, I didn't do any of the recommended fixes and the next day "a little peddle pressure" got it unlocked. All was fine for about 5 days and then the Gremlin Struck and I had the Hydraulic leak from Hell... right at the solenoid where the bar attached to the foot pedal hooks is connected. Should have fixed it in the first place. NOTE TO ALL, when you foot pedal "float" is stuck… get it fixed or be prepared for some down time!