Fluids for New Holland Lx665 turbo

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sgf

I bought a NH Lx665 Turbo skid steer yesterday and I haven't got the manuals yet. I have been researching fluid specs on line and it appears that the manual says both the engine and hydraulic system use 10W30 motor oil. This machine has been running for years with 15W40 Rotella in the engine and all-purpose tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid in the hyd. system. I have tractors that run these same fluids so using them would be convenient. This is my first skid steer. My thinking always goes to listen to the manual but my research seems to show more owners using what is in this machine than the 10W30. Logic says if it has run this long with these fluids it should be fine, but I don't want to screw around with damaging something this expensive, so I'll ask the experts. What do you guys think? Also, is there a place I can go on line to find out what year this machine is by entering the serial number? Thanks.

jerry

I just use wal-mart 10-30 in mine and rotella 5-40 synthetic in the engine. when it is cold out you want that turbo to get oil as soon as possible. be sure to check the gear reduction cases, filler elbows are under the seat and it takes 80-90.

OP
OP
S

sgf

My apologies, I just realized I posted the original message in the wrong section. Moderator, please feel free to remove this thread. I don't seem to have that option. I will re-post in the correct forum, sorry.

Mikefromcny

My apologies, I just realized I posted the original message in the wrong section. Moderator, please feel free to remove this thread. I don't seem to have that option. I will re-post in the correct forum, sorry.
http://equipmentwatch.com/Navigation.do?product=SNOL&categoryId=4&category=Skid+Steer+Loaders&subTypeId=47&subType=Skid+Steer+Loaders&manufacturerId=2085&manufacturer=New+Holland&modelInstanceId=24005&modelInstance=LX665+%28disc.+1999%29 trying plugging your serial number in there, works for me most of the time.