Fitting turbo to Bobcat T110

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cambo77

Hi guys has anyone on here fitted a turbo to a T110???? If not would it be possible??? Any advice would be appreaciated cheers

Tazza

Staff member
I too am thinking about doing this to my S150, it runs a direct injection Kubota V2203 engine. What engine does your machine run?
Some were available in NA or Turbo, i assumed they just added the turbo and hoses when you ordered the option.
One of the biggest issues is space, not all machines have the extra room needed to fit it up.

mrdeere1959

I too am thinking about doing this to my S150, it runs a direct injection Kubota V2203 engine. What engine does your machine run?
Some were available in NA or Turbo, i assumed they just added the turbo and hoses when you ordered the option.
One of the biggest issues is space, not all machines have the extra room needed to fit it up.
Its not just adding a turbo. I'm not sure about these motors but alot of times turbo engines run lower compression, also the timing is changed and the amount of fuel is upped. its not just add a turbo and go.

OP
OP
C

cambo77

The motor in a the T110 has the same Kubota v2203 maybe its detuned for the T110 (T110 41.8 hp) not sure???? My mate has an s185 and its a v2203 also but turbo charged of course. Not sure if there all the same block upgraded to increase to HP. I'm no engineer so I maybe wrong. I figured space would be the biggest concerm Cam

Tazza

Staff member
The motor in a the T110 has the same Kubota v2203 maybe its detuned for the T110 (T110 41.8 hp) not sure???? My mate has an s185 and its a v2203 also but turbo charged of course. Not sure if there all the same block upgraded to increase to HP. I'm no engineer so I maybe wrong. I figured space would be the biggest concerm Cam
I know they need to drop the compression in petrol engines, i didn't think it was needed for diesel. As you need the compression to get them to start as it will not be on boost at that time. They do need more fuel, i wasn't sure how that was managed though.
I do agree that the engine needs to be able to support the extra forces that a turbo will put on it. I'm sure some will be ok to add one to, but others will be destroyed, just not sure how to tell if its possible or not.