f2l411d deutz 2cyl injectors removing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
The correct way to do it is to screw a slide hammer to the injector and knock it out after removing the hold down bracket.

OP
OP
B

bfriendly

The correct way to do it is to screw a slide hammer to the injector and knock it out after removing the hold down bracket.
Thanks for the input. I am familiar with injectors like the ones you describe (ie cummins 5.9L) that have a hold-down bracket and can be pulled with slidehammer or homemade tool. However, these ones (f2L 411D) do not have any type of hold down bracket, and don't seem to be threaded either. It's possible that the intake manifold serves as a hold down bracket, I'm not sure about this though.. (I don't have a intake manifold from this specific engine) There is a rubber grommet type gasket that they seem to be pressed into. Are you sure you're thinking of the f2L411d and not f2L410d? (F2L410 has different injectors). Thank you! I called deutz dealer and they just say "special tool" - they won't give me any details...

OP
OP
B

bfriendly

Thanks for the input. I am familiar with injectors like the ones you describe (ie cummins 5.9L) that have a hold-down bracket and can be pulled with slidehammer or homemade tool. However, these ones (f2L 411D) do not have any type of hold down bracket, and don't seem to be threaded either. It's possible that the intake manifold serves as a hold down bracket, I'm not sure about this though.. (I don't have a intake manifold from this specific engine) There is a rubber grommet type gasket that they seem to be pressed into. Are you sure you're thinking of the f2L411d and not f2L410d? (F2L410 has different injectors). Thank you! I called deutz dealer and they just say "special tool" - they won't give me any details...
click here for picture of injectors

Tazza

Staff member
click here for picture of injectors
I'm not sure on the exact model i was thinking of, it was a 2 cylinder deutz air cooled form a 731. It just had the brackets.
I can't understand how those are held in either, i'd have doubted the inlet manidold would hold it down, but stranger things have been known to happen. Is it possible that the spot on the right injector that the bolt is broken off, could this have had a hold down tab on it?
The dealer really isn't a whole lot of help.... Their special tool i bet is a slide hammer.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm not sure on the exact model i was thinking of, it was a 2 cylinder deutz air cooled form a 731. It just had the brackets.
I can't understand how those are held in either, i'd have doubted the inlet manidold would hold it down, but stranger things have been known to happen. Is it possible that the spot on the right injector that the bolt is broken off, could this have had a hold down tab on it?
The dealer really isn't a whole lot of help.... Their special tool i bet is a slide hammer.
Looking on google images, it only seems to show the style that i had, with the hold down brackets.....
I have manuals for Deutz engines from 86 to 2011 i think it is, i think this engine may be out of that date range though, i couldn't see it in the list.

OP
OP
B

bfriendly

Looking on google images, it only seems to show the style that i had, with the hold down brackets.....
I have manuals for Deutz engines from 86 to 2011 i think it is, i think this engine may be out of that date range though, i couldn't see it in the list.
f2l411d used in bobcat 631 (years 77-80 for sure), I have manual and it just says "remove injectors", the corresponding diagram/picture does not help. Also used in bobcat 611, 610 (not sure what years)...possibly others and other equipment such as pumps and compactors. Thanks for the input, I still haven't had any luck

347yankee

Did you ever get the injectors out. I have the same engine and would like to know how you got them out. I don't see any hold down bracket on mine