Engine temp switch L555

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

palmtree

Is the engine temp switch on the thermostat housing or somewhere in the cylinder head. I don't see any wires coming off the thermostat housing. I think mine may be bad. The light comes on after running it a while. I am not losing any coolant and the coolant was recently drained and replaced (about 10 hours ago). I would like to replace the temp switch but not too excited about the $87 switch from New Holland dealer. I was wondering about a universal switch that closes at 210 degrees or so. Also thinking about changing to a gauge cluster. Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks

Ivan

Switch is on the head on the right hand side in front behind the filters. I replace one from NH and it lasted 6 month and then quit working. I added an elec guage and switch which I bought for 20.00 from Napa. I installed the guage in the over head consol on the left side and dropped the buzzed in the panel. That was 3 years ago

OP
OP
P

palmtree

Switch is on the head on the right hand side in front behind the filters. I replace one from NH and it lasted 6 month and then quit working. I added an elec guage and switch which I bought for 20.00 from Napa. I installed the guage in the over head consol on the left side and dropped the buzzed in the panel. That was 3 years ago
Cool thanks. I may just do that. I don't suppose you know what size the hole is do you?

deaop06

Cool thanks. I may just do that. I don't suppose you know what size the hole is do you?
palmtree, I installed an oil pressure gauge in my l555. I just bought a kit from Auto Zone and the kit came with all the adapters that I needed. The guage was 2"dia and was installed on left side of overhead panel. A kit for water temp should have the same adapters with it. Good luck