Distance between sheaves on M series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shankatank58

Wondering if someone can supply me with the proper distance between the drive and driven sheaves on a M series ( 500; 600; or 610 ) I have what I believe to be a M500 that I plan on repowering. Problem is someone repowered it before and got the engine quite crooked. I have a M444 that I measured @ 16.5" but realized it uses a smaller belt so may not be the proper distance. Looks like we have a few guys working on 610s right now so maybe one of you could grab a tape measure and check it for me. The help would be very much appreciated.

6brnorma

Hopefully one of these guys that have a machine apart right now will give you a measurement……if not I'll get one as best as I can. Here's what I can tell you about the belts……..One is 58 1/2 inches long (pt#6504510…..serial # 44003 and below)…..the other is 62 1/2 inches long (pt#6515271…serial #44004 and above). I'm not sure if 6504510 is any longer available and there may have been others that I'm not aware of. I don't know about any cross reference numbers by belt manufactures though I'm sure there must be some.

OP
OP
S

shankatank58

Hopefully one of these guys that have a machine apart right now will give you a measurement……if not I'll get one as best as I can. Here's what I can tell you about the belts……..One is 58 1/2 inches long (pt#6504510…..serial # 44003 and below)…..the other is 62 1/2 inches long (pt#6515271…serial #44004 and above). I'm not sure if 6504510 is any longer available and there may have been others that I'm not aware of. I don't know about any cross reference numbers by belt manufactures though I'm sure there must be some.
6b... Thanks for the response and the info. Yes it looked like now was a good time to ask, as I count 3 guys with machines apart. Don't know my ser# as the tag is missing. Will have to remove the side cover and look there. Have a little work to do with machine right now so don't want to tear into it yet. Hopefully find time between now and when the snow flies. The 444 has the small belt (6504510) that appears to be fairly new and measures out good, so have that option if needed, but would prefer to go with something I could find a replacement for, for obvious reasons. Have been following this forum for a couple of years now and just want to tell you and some of the others how much I appreciate your input. Have learned a great deal from you guys.

6brnorma

6b... Thanks for the response and the info. Yes it looked like now was a good time to ask, as I count 3 guys with machines apart. Don't know my ser# as the tag is missing. Will have to remove the side cover and look there. Have a little work to do with machine right now so don't want to tear into it yet. Hopefully find time between now and when the snow flies. The 444 has the small belt (6504510) that appears to be fairly new and measures out good, so have that option if needed, but would prefer to go with something I could find a replacement for, for obvious reasons. Have been following this forum for a couple of years now and just want to tell you and some of the others how much I appreciate your input. Have learned a great deal from you guys.
shank…….as near as I can tell that is about 18 3/8 to 18 1/2 center to center.

OP
OP
S

shankatank58

shank…….as near as I can tell that is about 18 3/8 to 18 1/2 center to center.
6b.... Thanks for checking that. That explains the 4" difference in belts. Will have to see where the difference is at. Shouldn't be hard to spot. Noticed the other day Bobcat's website no longer covers the specs. for these machines, but was thinking they were the same overall length. Probably moved engine rearward to help with balance. Will let you know what I find.

OP
OP
S

shankatank58

6b.... Thanks for checking that. That explains the 4" difference in belts. Will have to see where the difference is at. Shouldn't be hard to spot. Noticed the other day Bobcat's website no longer covers the specs. for these machines, but was thinking they were the same overall length. Probably moved engine rearward to help with balance. Will let you know what I find.
No discernible difference in the chassis that I can see. Pretty hard to get measurements on an assembled machine, but even the crossmembers the engines bolt to are in the same location. The important thing for me is getting the spacing right for the belt I want to use. Again; I appreciate the help.