diesel fuel pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

adsmith72

I am converting my 642b gas to a diesell. I am wondering why some deisel have fuel pumps and others don't. I am putting a v1305 kubota in my machine. Any input would be great.

Bobcatdan

Diesels normally have a small lift pump, either a mechanical one kinda like a small block chevy or a electric one. These pumps are low pressure and simply get the fuel from the tank to the engine, from there the injector pump pressurizes the fuel for the injection system.

OP
OP
A

adsmith72

Diesels normally have a small lift pump, either a mechanical one kinda like a small block chevy or a electric one. These pumps are low pressure and simply get the fuel from the tank to the engine, from there the injector pump pressurizes the fuel for the injection system.
I wonder if I should try and put one on my v1305? It came out of a greens mower. There is not a pump on the side of the injector like I've seen before. Not sure if they make one that fits the injector pump or if it would be an add on?

Tazza

Staff member
I wonder if I should try and put one on my v1305? It came out of a greens mower. There is not a pump on the side of the injector like I've seen before. Not sure if they make one that fits the injector pump or if it would be an add on?
Diesels usually have a lift pump mounted to the side of the engine somewhere. The V1702/2203 engines have one just below the injector pump, it's run off the same cam that the injector pump does.
If you have a problem with it not running right, i can't see why you can't install a small electric one wired to your ignition.

jeepcreepcj

Diesels usually have a lift pump mounted to the side of the engine somewhere. The V1702/2203 engines have one just below the injector pump, it's run off the same cam that the injector pump does.
If you have a problem with it not running right, i can't see why you can't install a small electric one wired to your ignition.
I put a kubota d1105 in my 642b. Many of the kubota engines had mechanical lift pumps or the option for one. Mine has the option of a mechanical pump but did not come with one. There is a spot below the injection pump where it mounts. If your fuel line goes directly to the injection pump, you will need a lift pump. I used a small electric lift pump that is made for diesels, there are many available online. You could also buy the kubota oem mechanical lift pump and install it on your engine, assuming you don't have one already.