CT322 air in fuel line

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

onefatcat2

2006 model CT322 1165hrs. Having intermittant problem with lack of power and stalling when under heavy use. Put 6-8 inches clear tubing as fuel line either side of filter/primer pump base and could see air (tiny bubbles) coming into the filter base. Replaced all rubber hose from tank to filter base and still getting very small air bubbles at idle. Rechecked all clamps then began to pinch off the fuel line while machine running and pinching in different spots seems to point to the transfer pump as the source of air (lots of air when pinching the line). Anybody else ever see this problem? My dealer is some distance away and the service mgr. says they just have not seen the transfer pumps be a problem. Fuel lines and filter base/primer pump - Yes, but not the transfer pump. Opinions anyone? Am thinking I will order a new transfer pump.

SkidsDeereMech

Ok here goes, this may sound a little off but I have thought long and hard about this. I was speaking with a co-worker about this today and we both agreed. Having both only seen this one time before I thought saying this fix may totally discredit me but...... Your fuel tank has a pick up tube in it, usually held in with a rubber grommet. I don't know if this will help but. if you carefully pull your pick up tube from the tank you should test the p/u tube for pin holes. You can do this at home by blocking one end with you finger and submerging as much of the tube in water as possible and blowing and flip it over to submerge the rest and pressure the tube up again watch for bubbles this maybe the location of the leak. I know "this guys a kook" RIGHT? but this seems like the last "free" stop before you replace the transfer pump. ugh Bring on the ok crazy guy comments. Also compressed air used gently would be the best