Cooling fan motor for a S160

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

richsei

I need to find a cooling fan motor for my S160 Part# 6687142 I know this is the old one but I have no way of taking it to the Bobcat dealer to have them reprogram the S160 if I put in new motor. The old one is leaking oil and blowing it out the sides. I can get a seal kit but they say that it will not fix it do to the motor has bushings not roller bearing's like the new one and it is the bushing's that start leaking around them.

Tazza

Staff member
Have you tried loader parts source?
I'd even see if the bushing was indeed worn or not, if it is, you may be able to get a friend with a lathe to machine one for you.
Have you changed the filter for the motor? if it's plugged, it can be causing excessive back pressure that could be lowing the seal out.

OP
OP
R

richsei

Have you tried loader parts source?
I'd even see if the bushing was indeed worn or not, if it is, you may be able to get a friend with a lathe to machine one for you.
Have you changed the filter for the motor? if it's plugged, it can be causing excessive back pressure that could be lowing the seal out.
I have looked at loader parts. I have not taken it a part yet so I'm not sure about the bushing I was just going with what the Bobcat shop told me. Guess I can try the filter and see it has been on for 2yr but only has maybe 50hr on it.

Tazza

Staff member
I have looked at loader parts. I have not taken it a part yet so I'm not sure about the bushing I was just going with what the Bobcat shop told me. Guess I can try the filter and see it has been on for 2yr but only has maybe 50hr on it.
50 hours isn't much at all, it shouldn't be plugged, but worth a try.....

Wild-bobcat S205