Converting boxer mini track attachment for bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

If I convert attachments (this particular question is about a trencher but I would like to know in general) for mini loaders such as the boxer or Bobcat MT series by putting full size regular Bobcat plate, will I be able to use them on my Bobcat 763 without having safety or functional issues from doing so. For instance if I put a full size Bobcat plate that would fit on my 763 on a Boxer 36 inch trencher attachment, will it work as it should and more importantly will it work safely?

Tazza

Staff member
I can't see any issues, as long as the attachments are wide enough to cover your wheels, this is only a real issue with buckets or grader blades. A trencher, auger or backhoe shouldn't be an issue.

frogfarmer

I can't see any issues, as long as the attachments are wide enough to cover your wheels, this is only a real issue with buckets or grader blades. A trencher, auger or backhoe shouldn't be an issue.
Im not familiar with the Boxer but the MT series has a very impressive hydraulic system for a small machine and any attachment built for it should adapt well to a normal skid and vice versa.

TriHonu

Im not familiar with the Boxer but the MT series has a very impressive hydraulic system for a small machine and any attachment built for it should adapt well to a normal skid and vice versa.
As long as the auxiliary flow is compatible, you should be able to use it within its capabilities. If you overload it with a larger machine you'll probably break the attachment.
If you want to be able to use the attachment on either platform, you can buy the Universal Adapter to MT50/52/55/463 from Skidsteer Solutions.
If you have fabrication skills, you could build a simplified one of your own.

Latest posts