controller for 753G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fiddlearound

Hi Guys, I finally got a mechanic to check my no starting 753G, and he's now pretty sure that I will need a new controller. Question--any place besides the dealer to get a new one? Hoping for an after market or maybe some other fix. Thanks, Alton.

shadwarr1

Nope, dealer only. I just went through the same thing with my 763G. The controller is also suppose to be programmed by the dealer to work in your model Bobcat. Although the tech at the dealer said you can run it without it being a problem but if you machine has extra features it may not run those options. Have you pulled any errors codes off the display panel?

OP
OP
F

fiddlearound

Nope, dealer only. I just went through the same thing with my 763G. The controller is also suppose to be programmed by the dealer to work in your model Bobcat. Although the tech at the dealer said you can run it without it being a problem but if you machine has extra features it may not run those options. Have you pulled any errors codes off the display panel?
Yes, the mechanic pulled all the error codes and ran tests on all of them as described in the code manual. They all ended up with the dreaded "replace controller" remedy. What causes these dastardly things to go wrong? This mechanic used to work for the Bobcat dealer so I guess he knows what he's doing. His last test is to bring a know working controller to check before purchasing the new one. That's why I was hoping for an after market replacement.

skidsteer.ca

Yes, the mechanic pulled all the error codes and ran tests on all of them as described in the code manual. They all ended up with the dreaded "replace controller" remedy. What causes these dastardly things to go wrong? This mechanic used to work for the Bobcat dealer so I guess he knows what he's doing. His last test is to bring a know working controller to check before purchasing the new one. That's why I was hoping for an after market replacement.
The only aftemarket fix would be to rip all the Sh*t off the loader and rewire with new automotive guages. And I'm still not sure how you wouldget the aux hydraulics wired backupfor sure. Not easy either way. Sadly bobcat does not make electronics that last the life of the machine
Ken

1awert1

The only aftemarket fix would be to rip all the Sh*t off the loader and rewire with new automotive guages. And I'm still not sure how you wouldget the aux hydraulics wired backupfor sure. Not easy either way. Sadly bobcat does not make electronics that last the life of the machine
Ken
I'm a NFG here... just bought a 763G and learning the ropes.... My 2nd skid (New holland was first) anyway, I would guess the cont. is pretty pricey.... There are electronic repair shops that will and can tackle any board you throw at them, that would be MY first option....GET IT FIXED...I worked in the electronic repair field for many years, it IS fixable...sorry i can't give you a name right now, but google it and you will come up with some...

OP
OP
F

fiddlearound

I'm a NFG here... just bought a 763G and learning the ropes.... My 2nd skid (New holland was first) anyway, I would guess the cont. is pretty pricey.... There are electronic repair shops that will and can tackle any board you throw at them, that would be MY first option....GET IT FIXED...I worked in the electronic repair field for many years, it IS fixable...sorry i can't give you a name right now, but google it and you will come up with some...
Thanks for the advice about rebuilding the board, I will look into that. My mechanic came over last night with the good controller and viola, he decided that my old controller was good and now he is back to square one. He changed all of the fuses and relays in the fuse box and eliminated an owner added theft device and the bobcat tried to start. I guess that I'm back to looking for a short or poor ground on something else in the starting circuit. Any suggestions?

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the advice about rebuilding the board, I will look into that. My mechanic came over last night with the good controller and viola, he decided that my old controller was good and now he is back to square one. He changed all of the fuses and relays in the fuse box and eliminated an owner added theft device and the bobcat tried to start. I guess that I'm back to looking for a short or poor ground on something else in the starting circuit. Any suggestions?
Start at the connections, they can get moisture in. Check where the wires touch the frame for wear. Ground points.

OP
OP
F

fiddlearound

Start at the connections, they can get moisture in. Check where the wires touch the frame for wear. Ground points.
Just an update that should be helpful. Mechanic decided to start over with basics. Load tested the battery and found a bad ground. I had checked for continuity and that was okay, but still not a good enough ground. He cleaned and replaced until the ground was good and old faithful fired right up. So lesson learned--start with a good battery and a good ground!! Thanks for the suggestions from the board.