code 78-74

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

seapropie

Hello. I have a 2004 T200 without ACS. Was digging a pool back in June and when I got back from lunch the left panel said door and had a code of 78-74. Of course lift and tilt were then locked up. I haven't had the door on this machine since I bought it in 08. I have the door but it does not have any kind of plug on it anyway. Next morning it worked again. It was intermittent for a while with the bucket getting locked up in the air sometimes. Then it started working a lot better for a month or two. I parked it for a couple of weeks and have not been able to use it since. The door code sometimes will flash off and right back on but not for more than a second or two. Sometimes it will go haywire and flicker and off and on and you can hear the spool lock solenoids clicking. I have been having to rent a machine for 3 days now and try to find whats going on with mine at night. No luck. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
S

seapropie

Well I couldn't find any help here, but if it will help any one in the future, my computer was bad. Bobcat dealer installed a new one for around $1000 and it's been working fine since.

OldMachinist

Well I couldn't find any help here, but if it will help any one in the future, my computer was bad. Bobcat dealer installed a new one for around $1000 and it's been working fine since.
Sorry we couldn't help you but the computer on the newer machines requires testing equipment that only the dealers have to diagnose and program.

7LBSSMALLIE

Sorry we couldn't help you but the computer on the newer machines requires testing equipment that only the dealers have to diagnose and program.
hey smallie here glad youre up and running 1000 big hit but if it any consolation I have never had to replace a controller that I had replaced. keep in mind that there is a direct correlation between smoked controllers and low batt voltage. hi amp draw I guess. seen it to many times to be any thing other than fact

OP
OP
S

seapropie

hey smallie here glad youre up and running 1000 big hit but if it any consolation I have never had to replace a controller that I had replaced. keep in mind that there is a direct correlation between smoked controllers and low batt voltage. hi amp draw I guess. seen it to many times to be any thing other than fact
That's good to hear. My alternator was putting out low volts so I replaced that first. I was getting continuity to the solenoids so I was already suspicious of the controller. Just glad its fixed.