Clark 720 Duetz Deisel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wisconsinjimmy

Have no drive on left side where do I begin I know the pump costs more then my yearly retirement benefit, if I need parts are there any reasonable stores around. Thanks Jim

Tazza

Staff member
All depends on how mechanical you are. Parts can be bought from loader parts source.
You need to find out if the issue is the pump or the drive motor. You can swap motors from side to sede to see if the issue moves with it. If you do the drive motors, you will need to change the fittings on the motor too, as they are different lengths/angles.
Another way is to get steel plugs and plug the two main drive motor lines. Slowly move teh steering lever forward and see if it fights you. If it does, there is a good chance the problem is the motor and not the pump.
The other cause can be the reliev valves in the pump, but generally they will stop working in one direction, as there will be one for forward one for reverse.

kilohertz

All depends on how mechanical you are. Parts can be bought from loader parts source.
You need to find out if the issue is the pump or the drive motor. You can swap motors from side to sede to see if the issue moves with it. If you do the drive motors, you will need to change the fittings on the motor too, as they are different lengths/angles.
Another way is to get steel plugs and plug the two main drive motor lines. Slowly move teh steering lever forward and see if it fights you. If it does, there is a good chance the problem is the motor and not the pump.
The other cause can be the reliev valves in the pump, but generally they will stop working in one direction, as there will be one for forward one for reverse.
Another possibility, looking at my service manual, there are 3 chains on each side, possible one is broken. There is a primary, secondary and final drive chain. Can you hear the hydraulic pump turning at idle or is the machine too loud? Just another thought.
Cheers