CATERPILLAR 262B STEERING

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ZANMAN

HI, I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A CAT 262B, JOYSTICK STEERING, IT GOES FORWARD AND REVERSE, BUT NO TURNING, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

SkidRoe

Hey Zanman,
Nice to have you aboard. Reading your posts, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge to share.
While I do not have a lot of advice to share for your problem Cat, I just would like to share with you one note about on-line etiquette: writing everything with your capslock on has the connotation that you are yelling everything and it is quite hard on the eyes to read. Best to type in lower case letters.
Best Regards,
SR

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Zanman,
Nice to have you aboard. Reading your posts, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge to share.
While I do not have a lot of advice to share for your problem Cat, I just would like to share with you one note about on-line etiquette: writing everything with your capslock on has the connotation that you are yelling everything and it is quite hard on the eyes to read. Best to type in lower case letters.
Best Regards,
SR
Does it still have good power when driving forward? it could always be a drive motor seal. I had a 753 that would drive, but no power, so it refused to turn. After opening the motors i noticed the O-rings on the pressure side had turned to mush, replaced them and had heaps of power.

OP
OP
Z

ZANMAN

Does it still have good power when driving forward? it could always be a drive motor seal. I had a 753 that would drive, but no power, so it refused to turn. After opening the motors i noticed the O-rings on the pressure side had turned to mush, replaced them and had heaps of power.
This is what happened, I got the story from the operater this morning. It's working fine now. he went out and we rented a brush hog for the day. The bone head was using the machine in 2 speed all day. Plus with this heat wave right now, the machine probably overheated the hydraulics. I will be changing the hyd fluid and filter ASAP.

Tazza

Staff member
This is what happened, I got the story from the operater this morning. It's working fine now. he went out and we rented a brush hog for the day. The bone head was using the machine in 2 speed all day. Plus with this heat wave right now, the machine probably overheated the hydraulics. I will be changing the hyd fluid and filter ASAP.
Ouch.....
People don't understand that with a 2 speed machine, you only use the high speed option for moving from A to B, not for working the machine too. One of those times they should have read the manual first.
Lucky he didn't do any damage, well any that has shown up yet.

dune33

Ouch.....
People don't understand that with a 2 speed machine, you only use the high speed option for moving from A to B, not for working the machine too. One of those times they should have read the manual first.
Lucky he didn't do any damage, well any that has shown up yet.
We are looking at a 252B for snow plowing and the cat dealer has a 2 speed with 900 hours. It sound like we cannot plow in high speed?

Tazza

Staff member
We are looking at a 252B for snow plowing and the cat dealer has a 2 speed with 900 hours. It sound like we cannot plow in high speed?
No, the high speed if for moving between places, not for digging or pushing.

dune33

No, the high speed if for moving between places, not for digging or pushing.
Thats good to know because i'm sure that is why he is trying to sell us the 2 speed, i will be sure to call him on that. Thanks