Case 440 Loose/slop in controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Symon

Hi good people, I have finally taken delivery of my 2004 case 440 and have noticed quite a bit of play in the controls(joysticks). Are these adjustable? When curling the bucket or lifting the boom, sometimes i creep forward (haven't taken off the rubber boots to look yet because of time issues). Hoping to back this up onto my tip truck on the weekend and the less play the better. Also any pointers on getting it on would be appreciated. Regards Symon

Gearclash

A small amount of play in the loader controls is normal. There are quite a number of linkages between the levers and the spools so ever pit of play adds up. The hydro controls may feel strange to you if you have never operated a skid steer loader with servo controlled hydros. Because of the servos, the forward/backward motion of the control levers is almost effortless, and if the hydraulic oil is cold, there may be a slight delay between lever motion and machine response.

OP
OP
S

Symon

A small amount of play in the loader controls is normal. There are quite a number of linkages between the levers and the spools so ever pit of play adds up. The hydro controls may feel strange to you if you have never operated a skid steer loader with servo controlled hydros. Because of the servos, the forward/backward motion of the control levers is almost effortless, and if the hydraulic oil is cold, there may be a slight delay between lever motion and machine response.
Thank you for your reply I truly appreciate it Regards Symon