case 1816

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

merken

my case 1816 electric clutch works after I start the engine and turn the clutch on but if I turn the clutch of and try to turn it back on it just slips and if I shut the engine off and let it sit for an hour or more it will work again. Do I need a new clutch or can it be repaired and how?

my case 1816 electric clutch works after I start the engine and turn the clutch on but if I turn the clutch of and try to turn it back on it just slips and if I shut the engine off and let it sit for an hour or more it will work again. Do I need a new clutch or can it be repaired and how?
This electric clutch is for what engagement? Pumps ? Or? I ask this because I had a similar issue with a Riding lawn mower. The blades would stop turning Or would not engage at all. Problem was. The electric clutch I thought. Ok I replaced it. I also replaced the battery but after some time running is did the same thing. So what caused that? The Stator or alternator was shot and did not charge the battery and the battery is what has to have the charge to hold the clutch engaged. Not sure what you have but is sure sounds like the same issue. Just a different machine.

Last edited: