cab to rise up / tilt?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MilesPH

I have a new to me 2000 with 2400hrs on it bobcat 753 G with the kubota engine, After taking the bolts off the front of the cab how do I get the cab to rise up tilt? Thank you Dave

jd21476

Not sure about your 753 but my 743 seems to get stuck as I try to tilt it back. If I grab the metal plate under the seat and lift from there then it comes up fine. It almost seems like it has a safety catch that I have not been able to locate.

donald73d

Not sure about your 753 but my 743 seems to get stuck as I try to tilt it back. If I grab the metal plate under the seat and lift from there then it comes up fine. It almost seems like it has a safety catch that I have not been able to locate.
My 1990 843 has lift struts that help (a little). But basically you lift with both hands the cab as it pivots on pins in the back above the radiator. It will stay when all the way lifted, but will not stay with it lifted up 1 or 2 feet. Thats after you remove the nuts & washer hold it down. But my skidder was made 21 years ago. A lot could have changed.

mrfixitpaul

My 1990 843 has lift struts that help (a little). But basically you lift with both hands the cab as it pivots on pins in the back above the radiator. It will stay when all the way lifted, but will not stay with it lifted up 1 or 2 feet. Thats after you remove the nuts & washer hold it down. But my skidder was made 21 years ago. A lot could have changed.
Yep, just lift it up after taking the 2 nuts off the front inside corners of the cab....if you say bolts, you may be taking off the wrong fasteners....and lift up the cab....sometimes they are 'stuck' in place from rust, but usually can be lifted by standing on the loader arm step and push up on door opening.

OP
OP
M

MilesPH

Yep, just lift it up after taking the 2 nuts off the front inside corners of the cab....if you say bolts, you may be taking off the wrong fasteners....and lift up the cab....sometimes they are 'stuck' in place from rust, but usually can be lifted by standing on the loader arm step and push up on door opening.
Yes the 2 nuts off the front inside corners of the cab....if you say bolts..My mistake . Just a little stuck I hope. Thanks again Dave M

donald73d

Yes the 2 nuts off the front inside corners of the cab....if you say bolts..My mistake . Just a little stuck I hope. Thanks again Dave M
And don't forget to put them back on (with washer). They are important for the ROPS to protect the operator in case something bad happens. I bought my 843 and there was just a stud on each side.

Kermode

And don't forget to put them back on (with washer). They are important for the ROPS to protect the operator in case something bad happens. I bought my 843 and there was just a stud on each side.
Its probably just stuck down. The first time I lifted the cab in my S185 I had to unstick it with a prybar.

Latest posts