C190 no drive after extensive work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Pstone

I have a C190 that ate a drive motor. I pulled the motor and replaced it, then pulled the hydrostat, tore it down, inspected everything, and put it all back together. I did not pull the drive motor on the other side (left) but pulled the lines and inspected them and what I could see of the motor through the fittings for any contaminates. I did not see anything, so figured it was probably OK. When I fire the thing up, everything seems fine. I put the thing in the air (per the repair manual...to allow air to work its way out of the motor lines) and the tracks will move maybe 6 inches in each direction. If I push forward on the control levers and hold them, after 10-15 seconds the charge pressure light comes on and it starts counting down from 30 (to shutdown). If I back off the levers, the charge pressure comes back. I put a gauge on the charge pressure check port and it shows 300 PSI...it should show 360 or better, so I need some shims for the charge pressure relief to set it at 360+. Even so, it seems like it should operate with 300 PSI? Reasoning that it had to be something that both sides had in common, I pulled the brake actuator/2 speed selector and checked it over. Everything there seems OK. The only thing I am wondering about the brake block is that it has a valve in it that the manual refers to as a "sequencing valve". The hydraulic schematic, though, does not show it, so I am not entirely sure how it functions within the system. Anybody know exactly what that does? Any ideas on this thing as a whole...preferably that do NOT include insuring it heavily and dropping a torch into the belly pan by accident? I am about at wits end with it. Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to build a skid steer that could not be towed if it broke down? It is bad enough that the thing is broke...having to work on it in the middle of a mud pit does not help matters even a little.

skidsteer.ca

If its any consolation none of them will tow...
Do have a manual for it?
If not try tradebit.com or see if your NH dealer will cough up some help.
Ken

OP
OP
P

Pstone

If its any consolation none of them will tow...
Do have a manual for it?
If not try tradebit.com or see if your NH dealer will cough up some help.
Ken
I have the repair manual for it, and it is really good about showing what goes where and how to pull it apart, but beyond that there is not a whole lot of information in there. The "troubleshooting" section is pretty bad. Do you know if there is any way to bypass the safety system on one of these? On some that I have worked on in the past it was a pretty simple matter of bridging a relay. Having to set the cab back down every time I need to start the thing to get a pressure reading is starting to get a little annoying.

skidsteer.ca

I have the repair manual for it, and it is really good about showing what goes where and how to pull it apart, but beyond that there is not a whole lot of information in there. The "troubleshooting" section is pretty bad. Do you know if there is any way to bypass the safety system on one of these? On some that I have worked on in the past it was a pretty simple matter of bridging a relay. Having to set the cab back down every time I need to start the thing to get a pressure reading is starting to get a little annoying.
On the wheel machines the sensor is at the hyd filter, you should be able to just jump the 2 wires together before the computer times out 30 seconds.
It should start by just flipping the service switch, though the foot pedals will stay locked, no need to be in the seat.
Ken

OP
OP
P

Pstone

On the wheel machines the sensor is at the hyd filter, you should be able to just jump the 2 wires together before the computer times out 30 seconds.
It should start by just flipping the service switch, though the foot pedals will stay locked, no need to be in the seat.
Ken
Where would I find the service switch on one of these? Also, when I pulled the hydrostats apart on that unit, the manual said to use a slide hammer to remove and install the charge pressure relief valve poppet. I just stuck my pinkie in it and it pulled right out...assembled it the same way. Now I am wondering if maybe that should have been a tighter fit??

skidsteer.ca

Where would I find the service switch on one of these? Also, when I pulled the hydrostats apart on that unit, the manual said to use a slide hammer to remove and install the charge pressure relief valve poppet. I just stuck my pinkie in it and it pulled right out...assembled it the same way. Now I am wondering if maybe that should have been a tighter fit??
Perhaps, but the best is to guage the pressure and see where its at. Mineisin a fittingwhere ythe flow exits the hydraulic filter, but I have never had a issue with it.
The switchis to the right of the operators head , along the edge of the head liner. It isunder a cover held on with 2 thumb screws on my 2000 ls 160
Ken

AaronS88

Perhaps, but the best is to guage the pressure and see where its at. Mineisin a fittingwhere ythe flow exits the hydraulic filter, but I have never had a issue with it.
The switchis to the right of the operators head , along the edge of the head liner. It isunder a cover held on with 2 thumb screws on my 2000 ls 160
Ken
A C190 won't have a service/run switch. You'll have to unplug the seat and jump that plug. If you take a jumper wire and jump the terminals for the seat switch first, and then put power to the seat belt wire you will be able to start the machine.