burned 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bman73

Any value/interest in a burneed out 853c? 45 minutes after getting it back from the local dealer to have plugged fuel lines from tank replaced machine caught fire. Frame is still good but not much alse as it took a while for fire department to get here. Funny thing is dealer says it's not their fault, and yes I am taking them to court. Was wondering if there is any value left in this machine or if I should just sell it for scrap.

Tazza

Staff member
The frame, chain case and motors. Bobtach, bucket, pump should be still salvageable. Even engine parts should be ok too.
I have rebuilt two burnt machines, one was really badly burnt, the other was confined to one section and only just melted a few spots on the engines covers.
Good luck with your claim though. I wouldn't scrap it just yet, see how you go with the dealer/court.

OP
OP
B

Bman73

The frame, chain case and motors. Bobtach, bucket, pump should be still salvageable. Even engine parts should be ok too.
I have rebuilt two burnt machines, one was really badly burnt, the other was confined to one section and only just melted a few spots on the engines covers.
Good luck with your claim though. I wouldn't scrap it just yet, see how you go with the dealer/court.
The fire was contained mostly to the fuel tank and hydralic area, the cab is totally gutted and destroyed. The back side of the engine( the door side) is almost normal, the filters didn't even burn up or even melt actually. If anyone has any interest I can post some pics of the machine if they would like

Kburroug

The fire was contained mostly to the fuel tank and hydralic area, the cab is totally gutted and destroyed. The back side of the engine( the door side) is almost normal, the filters didn't even burn up or even melt actually. If anyone has any interest I can post some pics of the machine if they would like
Where are you located?

skidsteer.ca

Too far away
Part it out on Ebay or Kijiji.com
There are a quite a few of these machine in service around Canada still. Cab fits many models in those years. Everything thats not cooked is worth something.
Wheels fit several brands though offset varies
Skidsteer.ca