bucket slams

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daewoo601

the bottom of my bucket slaps against the bottom of my quick tach i guess you would call it when i come up too fast. Is there a way to secure the bottom of the bucket so it does not do this. the top is fine obviously because I lock he quick tach system by pushing down the handles. looks like there are some bolts with a set jam nut toward the bottom that might help prevent the bucket from slamming against the bottom. Looks like you could almost stick a metal shim in there to prevent this or something. New here to skidloaders thanks

jerry

If it is a standard quick tach the handles do not have anything to do with locking the top of the bucket. The handles should be extending pegs into the lower holes in the bucket and holding it tight to the tach plate. Maybe the holes in your bucket are worn out or were not right to begin with but that is where you have to correct it.

OP
OP
D

daewoo601

If it is a standard quick tach the handles do not have anything to do with locking the top of the bucket. The handles should be extending pegs into the lower holes in the bucket and holding it tight to the tach plate. Maybe the holes in your bucket are worn out or were not right to begin with but that is where you have to correct it.
gotcha, i'll take a look at that today. What is the purpose of the bolts you see there with the jam nuts. Looks like some sort of adjustment for something.

jerry

gotcha, i'll take a look at that today. What is the purpose of the bolts you see there with the jam nuts. Looks like some sort of adjustment for something.
What brand and model skid is it? There are minor differences among them but someone here will know about those bolts.

OP
OP
D

daewoo601

What brand and model skid is it? There are minor differences among them but someone here will know about those bolts.
It is a 1997 daewoo dsl 601. I did look at the lock down handles and as you said the do extend down to the bottom where it goes through a square hole but this is a lot of play around it, not a tight fit therefore the bucket slams if i not to careful