Bobcat T110 SJC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cambo77

Hey lads any thoughts regarding this problem. I own a T110 and the machine really bogs down when turning in soft soil. It will turn no problem on hard earth where the tracks can slide. But in soil or on damp clay the drive motors bog down and the machine stops moving. Its even worse when you have a bucket of soil. You can really here the drive motors screaming trying to spin the tracks but its like there is reduced torque at the drive motors. Travel speed in forward is also a lot slower than in reverse. Any thoughts?????

Fishfiles

sounds like two easy problems , a loose drive belt , and adjust the travel levers so that it is even between forward and reverse

hydrostatic

its a sjc machine so there are no travel levers to put in center try to check the tension of the tracks when the are to strong you have power los and also try the drivebelt maybe its loos the loss in reverse is a bit strange try to get to the local dealer and let them put new drive software on the machine and a calibration this probeply will do

Fishfiles

its a sjc machine so there are no travel levers to put in center try to check the tension of the tracks when the are to strong you have power los and also try the drivebelt maybe its loos the loss in reverse is a bit strange try to get to the local dealer and let them put new drive software on the machine and a calibration this probeply will do
Yep , SJC , didn't spot SJC , probally the actuators are out of calibration , there is a procedure that an owner /operator can do to center them , I have tried it like 3 times and it never did work out fo me , probally going to have to take that SJC to the dealer , post back on what it was and how much it cost ------------ I really hate SJC machines

biggie

If U R trying to turn/ work in 2speed, it will deffently try to stall the engine. If it stalls the engine, the Drive belt is doing it,s job. As far as travel speed,rev to forward. 5mph,in each direction. Not that I whould want to go that fast in rev. But if there,s a noteable differance between forward and rev. I would have it checked out. Could B just a drive controller callibration

biggie

If U R trying to turn/ work in 2speed, it will deffently try to stall the engine. If it stalls the engine, the Drive belt is doing it,s job. As far as travel speed,rev to forward. 5mph,in each direction. Not that I whould want to go that fast in rev. But if there,s a noteable differance between forward and rev. I would have it checked out. Could B just a drive controller callibration
Also.Not 100% positive.But with SJC, U should have HP managment/Drift/Drive responce. Thinking drive responce is joystick. Fast or slow. Still learning about all that.

biggie

8.5mph if u r in 2 speed. That,s lot out of a engine that puts out 39HP

OP
OP
C

cambo77

Generally don't work in 2speed. Although if you do turn with a loaded bucket in high gear it does turn better, but I am putting that down to momentum. Its really got low torque at lower speeds which is when you really need it. Forward in normal speed range there is a huge difference the speed compared to reverse. I was thinking calibration maybe wrong also

7LBSSMALLIE

Generally don't work in 2speed. Although if you do turn with a loaded bucket in high gear it does turn better, but I am putting that down to momentum. Its really got low torque at lower speeds which is when you really need it. Forward in normal speed range there is a huge difference the speed compared to reverse. I was thinking calibration maybe wrong also
never seen a t110 is this aforeighen export? in any case bog , inspect fuel filter. 9 out o ten this is the issue.if not the drive belt. hp manegment has been in improved with software upgrade recent changes also include a featherabilty of stick response,for lift and tilt=slow down or speed up= joystick response.

OP
OP
C

cambo77

Well its been at our local Bobcat dealer and there not really sure what is causing the issues. However they did find the hydraulic pressures were low. Pump tested ok so they are thinking maybe the charge valve is faulty but not 100% sure until the new one is fitted. Also found a problem with the display/computer flashing on start up..... I am about ready to tell them I want another machine. Considering its only got 50 hours on it.... Not very happy I can tell you

Tazza

Staff member
Well its been at our local Bobcat dealer and there not really sure what is causing the issues. However they did find the hydraulic pressures were low. Pump tested ok so they are thinking maybe the charge valve is faulty but not 100% sure until the new one is fitted. Also found a problem with the display/computer flashing on start up..... I am about ready to tell them I want another machine. Considering its only got 50 hours on it.... Not very happy I can tell you
I can imagine your frustration. Every hour its down, its not making you any money....

Fishfiles

I can imagine your frustration. Every hour its down, its not making you any money....
Welcome to the world of S "J-unk"C , wait till it ain't in warranty no more and not only are you out a machine for a week or two at a time but you got to pay big bucks for it to be fixed and two days later it is doing the same thing --------------- trade it in on a foot controlled machine before it really eats you alive with down time -----there are lemons in every bunch , some people get lucky and never have issues with the SJC's , but from what I have seen a lot more than not do , and it is over and over again ---- the Takeuchi's use low over high pressure hydraulics to activate the controlls and not wires , so your problem is one that you would never face if you had gotten a Takeuchi , I am starting to really like the new Kubota , and think they jumped a spot on Bobcat and are the second best tracked loader out there

7LBSSMALLIE

Welcome to the world of S "J-unk"C , wait till it ain't in warranty no more and not only are you out a machine for a week or two at a time but you got to pay big bucks for it to be fixed and two days later it is doing the same thing --------------- trade it in on a foot controlled machine before it really eats you alive with down time -----there are lemons in every bunch , some people get lucky and never have issues with the SJC's , but from what I have seen a lot more than not do , and it is over and over again ---- the Takeuchi's use low over high pressure hydraulics to activate the controlls and not wires , so your problem is one that you would never face if you had gotten a Takeuchi , I am starting to really like the new Kubota , and think they jumped a spot on Bobcat and are the second best tracked loader out there
for the most part sjc has been lined out and improved, that being said my earlier post about t110 is correct never seen one. , my thinking on that would be a track loader with a 41.8 hp eng who are you kidding,, now on the other hand a small (goes thru gates easly transported unit could have it uses ) but not expect too much it is what it is, just dont ask too much of it, you cant cut hay (roll bales) with a push mower. now with nothing to comapere it to as to youre unit having issues or is it the nature of the beast, i would like to see side by side, if unit does not perform to expactions maybe you bought a bag of magic seeds, i would guess cost was a deciding factor on purchase, any way run it next to another one if same, and you cant live the lack o pwr,upgrade.

OP
OP
C

cambo77

Don't get me wrong dude. I looked at the little TAK..Awesome machine, but for what I need it for it is still too big. T110 or the Terex RC-30 are the only ones in that size. If TAK or Case made a model 47inches wide trust me I would be all over it

OP
OP
C

cambo77

Don't get me wrong dude. I looked at the little TAK..Awesome machine, but for what I need it for it is still too big. T110 or the Terex RC-30 are the only ones in that size. If TAK or Case made a model 47inches wide trust me I would be all over it
My mate has a t110 "hands and foot" controls...its a ballsy little machine, lifts well above it capacity, but slow. Hence my decision to go the sjc with 2 speed

Fishfiles

My mate has a t110 "hands and foot" controls...its a ballsy little machine, lifts well above it capacity, but slow. Hence my decision to go the sjc with 2 speed
Yesterday I meet a guy that was running his Geil which is a Takeuchi with decals and paint , we started talking , he said he had a T300 SJC Bobcat for a year and had to get rid of it when it went out of warranty , he said it spent more time in the dealer than on the job sites with the same electrical problems over and over and went thru two travel motors , he said the Geil had a lot more power and the operation was smoother , he had 2,800 hours and said everything was original and it had never broke down or been worked on for anything except for servicing -------------- I use to be one of Bobcats biggest fans , the 753 -763 was their best machine , it was pretty much bullet proof and was easy to work on , not no more the new machines have too many electrical gizmos and wires , they lost their dependability , not only that but the metal they are using to build the new machines don't last , the pins break and bushings wear out with minimal hours even if you grease it reguarlly , the mufflers last a couple of years and fall apart , the booms crack and break , the best thing I can say they got is the Kubobta engines , as long as you change the oil the engine will out last the rest of the machine ---------in the past my philosify has always been to keep a machine three years and get rid of it before it starts to have major problems , I know a lot of the guys that frequent this site are not contractors and use their machines around their property and can't justify buying a new machine and wind up getting an older machine and make do , from what I am seeing of the new generation of machines from Bobcat , not many of this machine are not going to be around 10 years from now , we do live in a disposable world

7LBSSMALLIE

Yesterday I meet a guy that was running his Geil which is a Takeuchi with decals and paint , we started talking , he said he had a T300 SJC Bobcat for a year and had to get rid of it when it went out of warranty , he said it spent more time in the dealer than on the job sites with the same electrical problems over and over and went thru two travel motors , he said the Geil had a lot more power and the operation was smoother , he had 2,800 hours and said everything was original and it had never broke down or been worked on for anything except for servicing -------------- I use to be one of Bobcats biggest fans , the 753 -763 was their best machine , it was pretty much bullet proof and was easy to work on , not no more the new machines have too many electrical gizmos and wires , they lost their dependability , not only that but the metal they are using to build the new machines don't last , the pins break and bushings wear out with minimal hours even if you grease it reguarlly , the mufflers last a couple of years and fall apart , the booms crack and break , the best thing I can say they got is the Kubobta engines , as long as you change the oil the engine will out last the rest of the machine ---------in the past my philosify has always been to keep a machine three years and get rid of it before it starts to have major problems , I know a lot of the guys that frequent this site are not contractors and use their machines around their property and can't justify buying a new machine and wind up getting an older machine and make do , from what I am seeing of the new generation of machines from Bobcat , not many of this machine are not going to be around 10 years from now , we do live in a disposable world
solid post guy, this is the feed back co reps need to hear.and i agree. a proprely maintened unit should at least give you 8 to ten, thousand as a contactor you can budget the three year uniminted warr and turn every three.and somone gets a solid used unit, you get a solid trade in value. just makes sense. as a tech i often wonder , what happened to just moving dirt, or pick and carry, yes the added features are nice ,but the nature of the job should dicate reaseacrh and devolpment, not who has the fanicest features, ill admit operator comfort is huge (spending 8 a day in a 3 foot bucking box cant be fun its work. but at the end of day it really is just dirt.