Bobcat stops head hits windshield

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wabigoon

I have a 863 bobcat that when driving it will lock up and stop abruptly. To get the 4 green lights on you have to set the bar hard 2 or 3 times. Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix.

Bswwood

Sounds like an arm rest sensor but could be something else. What color is your push to operate switch, green or yellow? Are any lights flashing on the bics controller after it locks up or they all go off. Could be in the wiring or could be the alternator overcharging, high voltage will lock it up and is a common issue

OP
OP
W

Wabigoon

Sounds like an arm rest sensor but could be something else. What color is your push to operate switch, green or yellow? Are any lights flashing on the bics controller after it locks up or they all go off. Could be in the wiring or could be the alternator overcharging, high voltage will lock it up and is a common issue
I don,t have a push to operate switch you just pull the safety bar down and four green lights come on. Sometimes only one comes on and you have to reset it. Now once in a while, it will just lock up when you are driving. Thanks for the response.

Bswwood

I don,t have a push to operate switch you just pull the safety bar down and four green lights come on. Sometimes only one comes on and you have to reset it. Now once in a while, it will just lock up when you are driving. Thanks for the response.
So you have an armrest sensor and a seat sensor it could be one of the two, when it locks up you'll have to look at your lights and see if any of them are flashing on your controller if they all go off then it's probably your alternator overcharging or a wiring issue.