Bobcat S185 Code 41-09

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BPS

Today, my pedals that control the loader arms became extremely stiff and would not return to position. The machine temperature also rose, but then seemed to stabilize. I shut the machine down and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. There is hydraulic fluid in the machine. It showed code 41-09.

I really have to push down hard on the pedals to get the loader arm to move. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

BPS

It also showed code 5-14 approximately 50 hours when the hydraulic fluid was low, but no problems since. ...

Tazza

Staff member
It also showed code 5-14 approximately 50 hours when the hydraulic fluid was low, but no problems since. ...
I don't know what that error code is but its weird for the pedal to be tight. Are there any plates touching the pedal? My S250 had rust that pushed the pedal making it very stiff and didn't return to neutral.

Golden Gate

I also have a 09 s185 and it to has been throwing that 41-09 code, this ones all joystick. I even contacted the dealer and bobcat themselves and every one is stumped by the code. Shutting it down and restarting seems to correct the issue but I wish I could figure it out

ZANMAN

I also have a 09 s185 and it to has been throwing that 41-09 code, this ones all joystick. I even contacted the dealer and bobcat themselves and every one is stumped by the code. Shutting it down and restarting seems to correct the issue but I wish I could figure it out
Since you have a joystick all electric machine, pedals are simple, First check the pivot of the pedal, if stiff, spray a little lube, also clean out your pedal area, remove the front cover and scrape everything out. But there is a actuator that is hooked to the pedal for control, it could be bad, and there also is a small lock screwd in to the actuater, remove the cover and forst remove the little lock, 1" wrench. check for damage. I do not have my code book anymore, so i cannot read codes. but it's probably the actuater or lock.

Latest posts