bobcat 873

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mbjr570

i have a bobcat 873 c series i have no power to the aux hydraulic switch where would the fuse block be located and other areas i should investigate i have power coming out the upper right cluster where the switch would be thank you for any information and help

flyerdan

The book for the 873 says that there is a fuse block in the engine compartment on the door hinge side. There should be a sticker on the door that has the fuse values and what they are for. The book should be available in the manual thread, that's where I got it.

mmsllc

The book for the 873 says that there is a fuse block in the engine compartment on the door hinge side. There should be a sticker on the door that has the fuse values and what they are for. The book should be available in the manual thread, that's where I got it.
Check to see if the electrical harness is plugged in under neath of the seat area. The wiring should be easily seen running out of the travel handle. It might have become damaged or un-plugged somehow.

bobbie-g

Check to see if the electrical harness is plugged in under neath of the seat area. The wiring should be easily seen running out of the travel handle. It might have become damaged or un-plugged somehow.
Does your aux hyd switch have two green LEDs very near it? :) ---Bobbie-G

bobbie-g

yes my switch has 2 leds
Do the two LEDs ever light up when you press the aux hyd button? One press should get you one LED, second press should light both LEDs. I'm pretty sure the BICS controller (behind right elbow) has to have all LEDs lit before you can engage the aux hyd button, but not 100% sure about that. So any aux hyd LEDs lit? :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
M

mbjr570

Do the two LEDs ever light up when you press the aux hyd button? One press should get you one LED, second press should light both LEDs. I'm pretty sure the BICS controller (behind right elbow) has to have all LEDs lit before you can engage the aux hyd button, but not 100% sure about that. So any aux hyd LEDs lit? :) ---Bobbie-G
so bics panels light up the aux hydraulic on the bics blinks the aux hyd switch/button on the panel does nothing what so no lights or anything

bobbie-g

so bics panels light up the aux hydraulic on the bics blinks the aux hyd switch/button on the panel does nothing what so no lights or anything
Not sure what you mean when you say "the aux hydraulic on the bics blinks". There are five LEDs on the BICS panel behind your right elbow: Power is at the bottom; then from the top down, Seat, Seat bar, Valve, and Traction (at least on my BICS panels). None of these should be blinking, all should be on continuously. I understand that if any of these are blinking, that indicates a fault in that circuit. I've never had that happen to me yet, so that's a bit out of my understanding. So, what LEDs are lit on the BICS panel? :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
M

mbjr570

Not sure what you mean when you say "the aux hydraulic on the bics blinks". There are five LEDs on the BICS panel behind your right elbow: Power is at the bottom; then from the top down, Seat, Seat bar, Valve, and Traction (at least on my BICS panels). None of these should be blinking, all should be on continuously. I understand that if any of these are blinking, that indicates a fault in that circuit. I've never had that happen to me yet, so that's a bit out of my understanding. So, what LEDs are lit on the BICS panel? :) ---Bobbie-G
all the bics panel are lit constant except for the valve one it blinks on an off

bobbie-g

all the bics panel are lit constant except for the valve one it blinks on an off
OK, I've never had a blinking BICS light. Earlier in this thread, there was a post showing where the manuals could be found. What's the manual say about blinking BICS lights?

Joe Dickey

How have you made out so far? I've been probing and testing for a week now on my 863 F The Aux PWM controller kicks out when I try the right handle variable switch. My green lights start flashing. I got a repair manual that tells you what wires to check voltages. I'm about ready to order a $1070 PWM controller. Mine is a 1998 and has the traction over ride switch by the key. It over rides the seat switch. The only wire as far as I know that connects to the PWM from the BICs is a single 12 volt wire with it's own connector. I pulled the fuse to the BICs and the PWM didn't care. How ever I put 12 volts to that wire and when I pulled it It kicked out the PWM Since the seat switch is over rode the seat bar will kick it out. How ever I don't have to put the seat bar down to activate the travel or the Aux hyds. Mainly for the backhoe attachment, you can reach back to move the machine from the backhoe seat. If you put the seat bar down then raise it it will kick the Aux Hyds out. Basically it's any change in the 12 volt wire.

Joe Dickey

How have you made out so far? I've been probing and testing for a week now on my 863 F The Aux PWM controller kicks out when I try the right handle variable switch. My green lights start flashing. I got a repair manual that tells you what wires to check voltages. I'm about ready to order a $1070 PWM controller. Mine is a 1998 and has the traction over ride switch by the key. It over rides the seat switch. The only wire as far as I know that connects to the PWM from the BICs is a single 12 volt wire with it's own connector. I pulled the fuse to the BICs and the PWM didn't care. How ever I put 12 volts to that wire and when I pulled it It kicked out the PWM Since the seat switch is over rode the seat bar will kick it out. How ever I don't have to put the seat bar down to activate the travel or the Aux hyds. Mainly for the backhoe attachment, you can reach back to move the machine from the backhoe seat. If you put the seat bar down then raise it it will kick the Aux Hyds out. Basically it's any change in the 12 volt wire.
My problem solved. The new PWM AUX Hyd control box came today. $1200. Location: raise cab, in between wheels on drivers side. (Left side USA) look on out side see four 1/4" bolts in a 4"x8" rectangle pattern, they hold the box on. 6" pig tail connectors coming out of box, one 8 or 10 wire connector, a 6 wire connector, a 3 wire connector and a 1 wire connector coming from the BICs controller to trip out the PWM AUX HYD controller if the seat bar is raised. I installed the new box, ran the root rake grapple for an hour. Life is good again.