Bobcat 873 Skid Steer - just no tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

Hi everyone. I'm new here and this is my first time owning a skid steer. I've had this for a couple years, but the engine needed to be rebuilt, which I just recently got it back, but now i'm having a hydraulic issue. I can lift the lift arms up, but the down is really slow at the highest point and then gets faster as it comes down. I also have no tilt forward or backwards at all. I cracked the hydraulic lines on the cylinders; both top and bottoms to see if air was in the line, but they spray fluid out. I really no nothing about hydraulics and would appreciate any help I can get in terms I could understand.

Thanks

Last edited:

brdgbldr

Any help please :)
I assume that the machine drives ok?

The first thing that I would check are the pedal linkages. Look for looseness, slipping, or any parts that are cracked or broken. Make sure that the linkages are moving the valves in and out.

Also, make sure that your filter isn't clogged up. If you haven't changed the fluid, now might be a good time. If you do change the fluid make sure to change out any in-line filters for the drive motors also.

OP
OP
T

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

I assume that the machine drives ok?

The first thing that I would check are the pedal linkages. Look for looseness, slipping, or any parts that are cracked or broken. Make sure that the linkages are moving the valves in and out.

Also, make sure that your filter isn't clogged up. If you haven't changed the fluid, now might be a good time. If you do change the fluid make sure to change out any in-line filters for the drive motors also.
Brdgbldr,

Thank you for the reply. All the fluids and filters have been changed since the engine was just rebuilt. I checked the linkages and to double check I cracked the hydraulic hoses on both the upper and lower of the tilt arms and hit the foot pedal. it sprays fluid when I hit the tilt foot control, but i don't get any movement.

brdgbldr

Brdgbldr,

Thank you for the reply. All the fluids and filters have been changed since the engine was just rebuilt. I checked the linkages and to double check I cracked the hydraulic hoses on both the upper and lower of the tilt arms and hit the foot pedal. it sprays fluid when I hit the tilt foot control, but i don't get any movement.
You could have a bad relief valve.

You would need to check the parts catalog, with your serial number, to make sure which control valve you have and where the valve is located. You may just need to reseal it.

PS, Bobcat machines self bleed air out of the hydraulic fluid. The only time you would want to prime something, or bleed the air out, is the pump if it had been removed or drained.

OP
OP
T

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

You could have a bad relief valve.

You would need to check the parts catalog, with your serial number, to make sure which control valve you have and where the valve is located. You may just need to reseal it.

PS, Bobcat machines self bleed air out of the hydraulic fluid. The only time you would want to prime something, or bleed the air out, is the pump if it had been removed or drained.
Brdgbldr,

Thank you. I'll take a look at that tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Latest posts