Bobcat 843b drive issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

There is two for the hydro I gave you the part #s hopefuly this will take care of it not sure about case filters but look around
Fill the new filters if you can to help keep air out.............good idea to pull the plug on the chain case to make sure your not loosing hydro fluid in there.,......,and keep a eye on your hydro fluid leval

OP
OP
M

mike13_88

Fill the new filters if you can to help keep air out.............good idea to pull the plug on the chain case to make sure your not loosing hydro fluid in there.,......,and keep a eye on your hydro fluid leval
I might try the case plug. I'm gonna try to pull the chain case cover. And check chains? But it dosent make noise on the jack stands so they should be good I'm thinkin

antfarmer2

I might try the case plug. I'm gonna try to pull the chain case cover. And check chains? But it dosent make noise on the jack stands so they should be good I'm thinkin
That would be good while your in there look at the brakes make sure they are not locked up the chains will more than likely look good but may be streached look for slop

Tazza

Staff member
That would be good while your in there look at the brakes make sure they are not locked up the chains will more than likely look good but may be streached look for slop
Start with the simple things first.
Replace the main hydraulic filter.
Check that the aux hydraulics are not stuck on, grab the right stick and pull it to the left and let it spring reture to centre. I don't think this is the issue, as it mainly messes with the tilt/lift system, not drive but check it anyway.
The next thing to check is the charge pressure, there will be a sender at the hydraulic filter housing. Install a manual gauge and check it, it should be around 110 PSI. Charge pressure is needed for the drive system.
If that still doesn't work, we can go deeper.

OP
OP
M

mike13_88

Check that the aux hydraulics are not stuck on, grab the right stick and pull it to the left and let it spring reture to centre. I don't think this is the issue, as it mainly messes with the tilt/lift system, not drive but check it anyway.
The next thing to check is the charge pressure, there will be a sender at the hydraulic filter housing. Install a manual gauge and check it, it should be around 110 PSI. Charge pressure is needed for the drive system.
I don't think the aux is stuck on I have moved it around and tried it but dosent seem stuck but I'm no excavator mechanic lol. The main filter is the one at the engine bay isn't it the longer one? I haven been able to find the filters locally here so have to order them gonna do them both. And I'll try and find a gauge to go back there at that fitting I was wondering how to check pressure for the drive. Thanks guys you all have helped a lot give me a great place to start diagnosing the problem it's had me lost.

OP
OP
M

mike13_88

Ok guys I got the filters off finally they were TIGHT used a strap and ratchet they were really dirty and a piece of rubber was in the valve at the back filter (engine bay) pulled it out gettin new filters hopefully soon. I'll update you soon. Hopefully that was my problem!

antfarmer2

Ok guys I got the filters off finally they were TIGHT used a strap and ratchet they were really dirty and a piece of rubber was in the valve at the back filter (engine bay) pulled it out gettin new filters hopefully soon. I'll update you soon. Hopefully that was my problem!
Wishing you luck